Notices

PIB Labor Day Weekend

Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brower.22
lots of space! I'm on c1 at the very end. if its nice tomorrow we're heading back to cleveland. the weather is predicted to be bad though, may be here until Monday. RT- stop over!
Hope you guys had a safe trip back. It was chopped up pretty good out there!

Great meeting you all.

-artie
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

I had a great time, and I didn't even fall into the drink this year!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Artie,

I was there on Friday, saw your Boat but since we were only at the dock for a small period we didn't see you... I was looking for an IV bag (of wine) hanging off your swim platform....... I do like your new boat. We were rafted up right in front of the line with the Fountain Express and the Red Scarab. We were third boat on our raft with the Blue and Green LEDs (if you made it down the docks Friday night).

Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a good time on the island. Here is a panorama of the spectra on the end of C1. Nice meeting you Artie! Next time i'd like to check out your boat. It was pretty rough leaving the island. We actually stopped at kellys for gas and lunch, wasn't sure if I would see you there.

Shortly after leaving kellys my port motor overheated. We were right outside of Sandusky bay and limped into battery park. I have a transient there for the week. With that high wind and on a single engine docking was a pain. Planning to head back this week with a new impellor/pump and hopefully will be able to drive it back by the weekend. I shut it down as soon as I saw the gauge rising so I don't anticipate any damage. No water was getting to the thermostat housing so I suspect something got stuck in the hoses. Luckily my folks live close so my dad was able to pick us up and drive us home to Cleveland. Expensive weekend! haha

Last edited by brower.22; 09-02-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

When was the last time you changed your impeller? It could have disintegrated and you sucked the rubber up into the hose. Happened to me once trying to dock at PIB a couple years ago. Brand new to me boat, and I couldn't understand why the alarms were going off, I thought the boat was on fire. Mass confusion, and also difficult to dock with one engine and no power steering.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Registered

I made the mistake of not changing or checking them when I got the boat a few months ago. Previous owner stated that they were done last year so I had hoped that they would last the summer and I planned on changing over winter. The engines are tucked in pretty tight so the water pump is very hard to get too. Will be changing port now (and hopefully fixing the problem) and starboard when I get it back to my marina. If it is chewed up then I am hoping that the transmission cooler is holding the rubber debris. Ill keep you all posted.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Hey Artie,

I was there on Friday, saw your Boat but since we were only at the dock for a small period we didn't see you... I was looking for an IV bag (of wine) hanging off your swim platform....... I do like your new boat. We were rafted up right in front of the line with the Fountain Express and the Red Scarab. We were third boat on our raft with the Blue and Green LEDs (if you made it down the docks Friday night).

Saw your boat, but when I came back to find you, you guys were gone! See ya next time.

Last edited by RT930turbo; 09-02-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brower.22
I made the mistake of not changing or checking them when I got the boat a few months ago. Previous owner stated that they were done last year so I had hoped that they would last the summer and I planned on changing over winter. The engines are tucked in pretty tight so the water pump is very hard to get too. Will be changing port now (and hopefully fixing the problem) and starboard when I get it back to my marina. If it is chewed up then I am hoping that the transmission cooler is holding the rubber debris. Ill keep you all posted.
Bummer! Hopefully you can find all the pieces and get if flushed out. We were going to stop at Kelleys, but decided to hook up with some friends at cleats in east harbor instead.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Hope you guys had a safe trip back. It was chopped up pretty good out there!

Great meeting you all.

-artie
ARTIE..How the hell did I miss you? I was there with my new project Cig and another Cig rafted off down the dock on C from friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon and then headed to KI for the day on Sunday!!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Registered

Finally got the spectra back to Cleveland yesterday.
Turns out after all the work I did last week (impeller, thermostat, exhaust elbow gaskets) it ended up being some junk stuck in the thru-hull fitting. Luckily no damage done to the motor (compression readings and oil pressure all good). Drove it back solo yesterday from Sandusky bay. Thankfully I will be able to get another month (and 1/2) of play time out of it.

DYV- I saw you guys on C. Nice boats! Didn't see but heard you leaving on Sunday haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.