Moving to the Milwaukee Area >

Moving to the Milwaukee Area

Notices

Moving to the Milwaukee Area

Old 11-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to the Milwaukee Area

So, we are going to the pull the trigger and move to the Milwaukee area. I've recently accepted a position with a new company so this has me moving. The most important thing is to see how the boating is, who are the boaters from the area and where the hang out spots are. I will also need an engine machine shop to do some machine work if anyone can recomend one.

Jason
Old 11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Registered

There is a good machine shop in Waukegon. Its called ATECO. They are boat friendly.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Registered

Contact member Jbonz. He is west of Milwaukee but should be able to help you out some
Old 11-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Old Navy
There is a good machine shop in Waukegon. Its called ATECO. They are boat friendly.
Thanks "Old Navy"... We have moved from our old shop in Waukegan to a new facility in Ingleside, IL, but we are still the same "boater friendly" shop. We now have a 10,000 sq ft full service machine shop that includes a service center with a certified Mercury Race Technician. We are boaters ourselves and would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your engine needs. Check us out at Ateco Engine and Dyno Shop on facebook or our web page at www.atecoengines.com. We still have the same phone number as before. We are also advertisers on OSO. Stop by or give us a call. Welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure we could put together a crew to bring that BT around the mitten for you!
Old 11-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm about 3 hours north of Milwaukee, I know not really what you are looking for but file it in the "I want to try someplace new for the long weekend" file, if you decide to haul that thing north I would be more than happy to show you around Door County, we boat on the bay of Green Bay and go out as often as the weather will allow. Plenty of places to eat or hang out lots of shopping for the wife... as if boating didn't cost enough, LOL.

John
Old 11-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Jason,

Welcome to Wisconsin. You know this means you no longer can be a Lions fan and will be fitted with a Cheese Head as soon as you cross the boarder.

Your in luck moving here. Wisconsin has a huge racing base. Drag racing, Late Models and of course Road America all have created a need for engine building. Many great builders around here that know Marine too.

Milwaukee Shops that I've used or ground their cranks for-

http://www.cs-performance.com/ Mell the owner is really easy to work with.

borchardt speed automotive - Never used them for my projects but they build everything from Nitro to weekend racers

NVR - Known for precision but was pricey and clicky to certain racers.

What work do you need done?

Look forward to seeing that beast here.

Andy
Old 11-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Hi guys, thanks for all the info. We are making a visit this weekend to look at a few houses with our realtor. We are trying to find a house with a barn for the toys! Which we are finding a bit impossible for the wife and I to agree on what we want.

Look forward to coming to the area and meeting some cheese head boaters!

P.S. I've been a Lions fan through all the losing seasons now that they are winning it is going to be hard to switch.

As for the engine build and machine work check out the link below on my thread. I had some issues with a head yet again so we are going in different route with a new cylinder head combo.

Last edited by Jason3603; 11-10-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ateco
Thanks "Old Navy"... We have moved from our old shop in Waukegan to a new facility in Ingleside, IL, but we are still the same "boater friendly" shop. We now have a 10,000 sq ft full service machine shop that includes a service center with a certified Mercury Race Technician. We are boaters ourselves and would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your engine needs. Check us out at Ateco Engine and Dyno Shop on facebook or our web page at www.atecoengines.com. We still have the same phone number as before. We are also advertisers on OSO. Stop by or give us a call. Welcome to the neighborhood.
We will heading back on Monday mid-morning to mid-afternoon and would love to stop by and chat with you a bit and see your operation if you are available?

Jason
Old 11-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jason3603
Hi guys, thanks for all the info. We are making a visit this weekend to look at a few houses with our realtor. We are trying to find a house with a barn for the toys! Which we are finding a bit impossible for the wife and I to agree on what we want.

Look forward to coming to the area and meeting some cheese head boaters!

P.S. I've been a Lions fan through all the losing seasons now that they are winning it is going to be hard to switch.

As for the engine build and machine work check out the link below on my thread. I had some issues with a head yet again so we are going in different route with a new cylinder head combo.
Milwaukee River has many restaurants and what seems like endless firework shows on the Summerfest grounds viewed from the harbor. Milwaukee to Racine or Port Washington offers nice rides for lunches too. 1.5 hours north you have Lake Winnebago that has party spots that can have 100's of boats (plenty go fast) of people partying and hanging out. You might be able to find something in the Richfield area that gives you a happy middle spot. Waukesha county has the best tax rate. Milwaukee County taxes are just nuts. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.