Notices

1000 islands

Old 08-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be up there this weekend, probably only on the boat the 14th. How has everything been with the authorities? Anything you would recommend?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No issues so far. But, mainly been in canada the past 5 days. Going to clayton next, the antique boat museum is always good, and boldt castle. Going to go to rock island light house and singer castle also..

A couple years ago I had heard of a thrift/notical store on one of the islands, any one know anything about it?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered

Have you made it to lake of the isles? Looking at the charts it seems a bit iffy getting in there, but it sounds like fun if you do.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigDawgChallenge
No issues so far. But, mainly been in canada the past 5 days. Going to clayton next, the antique boat museum is always good, and boldt castle. Going to go to rock island light house and singer castle also..

A couple years ago I had heard of a thrift/notical store on one of the islands, any one know anything about it?

Its called the boateak. Its on bluff island near Clayton. Sorry if this got to you too late!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vanharca
Have you made it to lake of the isles? Looking at the charts it seems a bit iffy getting in there, but it sounds like fun if you do.
Lake of the isles isn't bad from the east. If you come in from the north through the rift it is really neat but a little tricky. There is room for 1 boat at a time and the water moves fast. There is a long no wake zone to idle through too.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Registered

So I made it through the weekend without any issues and had a great time. We made it to Lake of the Isles from the east as mentioned, but I am curious as to what the big draw is there. We got to the cove where everyone hangs out, but it looked like it was pretty deep and lots of weeds. Did I just not make it in far enough? Is there sand in there if you go in closer to shore?

We ended up going to Clayton for lunch and then heading to Potters Beach which was great. I think I saw you there 82Predictor, you've got Mean Streak right? I drive past and admire your boat on the way to and from work every day.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vanharca
So I made it through the weekend without any issues and had a great time. We made it to Lake of the Isles from the east as mentioned, but I am curious as to what the big draw is there. We got to the cove where everyone hangs out, but it looked like it was pretty deep and lots of weeds. Did I just not make it in far enough? Is there sand in there if you go in closer to shore?

We ended up going to Clayton for lunch and then heading to Potters Beach which was great. I think I saw you there 82Predictor, you've got Mean Streak right? I drive past and admire your boat on the way to and from work every day.
Lake of the isles is good for warm water and a huge party the first weekend of pirates week. The cove is deep and weedy and I don't know of any beach there. We hang out at potters most the time because the beach is nice and for the most part it is more family friendly. Big sandy is also nice out in the lake at the head of wolf island but it is in Canada and people at the park try to charge you if you walk on the beach.

Yes, we have Mean Streak. We were there Saturday late and then way too late in A-bay that night! Spent Sunday there too with the kids! Everyone knows where I live now, I need to build a barn.

Were you tied up to the 34 power quest? What color is your boat? Are you doing the sodus run this weekend?

Last edited by 82predictor; 08-18-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Lake of the isles is good for warm water and a huge party the first weekend of pirates week. The cove is deep and weedy and I don't know of any beach there. We hang out at potters most the time because the beach is nice and for the most part it is more family friendly. Big sandy is also nice out in the lake at the head of wolf island but it is in Canada and people at the park try to charge you if you walk on the beach.

Yes, we have Mean Streak. We were there Saturday late and then way too late in A-bay that night! Spent Sunday there too with the kids! Everyone knows where I live now, I need to build a barn.

Were you tied up to the 34 power quest? What color is your boat? Are you doing the sodus run this weekend?
We didn't get to Potters until later Saturday, probably around 4:00 or so and only stayed for about an hour. Our boat is mostly white with black/dark teal/dark magenta-ish graphics on the sides. We anchored on the north side near where the PowerPlay was if you saw him. We will definitely by doing the Sodus run this weekend. We'll be at the point Friday night, put the boat in first thing Saturday and we've got a slip at Sodus Marina Saturday night.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Registered

sounds great, weather looks awesome! cya saturday morning!