Lake St Clair Powerboat Club - 4th of July Weekend Fun Run >

Lake St Clair Powerboat Club - 4th of July Weekend Fun Run

Notices

Lake St Clair Powerboat Club - 4th of July Weekend Fun Run

Old 06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
The docks in Toledo holding spots for leopa boats, another option? Keep updated like to meet up.
Don't think we will run that far....nice spot though. I was there for the LEOPA Spring Run.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya lol I thought that was you.
So you guys thinking Saturday or Sunday for the fun run?
Old 06-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Josephlandis
Ya lol I thought that was you.
So you guys thinking Saturday or Sunday for the fun run?
Posted above, Saturday.

You thought I was what?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Sounds good, Jim. That is one reason we thought about running south to get a few of you guys to come out.

You in for Portofino's or only if we go to the Clam Digger?
I have to work, but if you guys come down to the dig. I'll help get you tied up again. The water is still moving good. Saw a big chunk of driftwood headed out today.

Bill
Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the 4th. of July. Weather looks good too (81 - 0% chance of rain). I would like to join you, but have a few issues to deal with:

1) I burned an impeller at the end of the season last year. Replaced it, ran a few more times (all good) and made a run from metro beach to Wyandotte a few weeks ago. Coming home from Wyandotte my water pressure sat at about 8 lbs on the port engine (17 on strbod and port is the replaced impeller). Temp stayed good until I hit 4000 rpm and then would start to slowly climb. Running below 4000 temp stayed good. I'm thinking I might have some debris left in the line and plan on flushing out today. Assuming that fixes it, the boat is good to go ......... just have to get the wife and some friends to agree to go

2) What speed do you guys run at? I normally cruise at 50 MPH or so.Top end is 68 and wifey isn't doing that for long.

3) I have some good friends who have a daughter visiting from Louisiana. Depending on her schedule (and whether or not she wants the parents to do something else) will decide if we go.

Please post updates on schedule. If we decide to go (I really want to), I'll be at Miller 10:45 ish. Look for me in a 46EC Black Thunder. Hope it all works out
Old 07-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Post an approximate time line of the Fun Run like what time will you be going down the Detroit River and coming back.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Post an approximate time line of the Fun Run like what time will you be going down the Detroit River and coming back.
Leaving Miller Marina at 1130 to.go.to.portofinos. After that no.schedule.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevewy
Sounds like a perfect way to spend the 4th. of July. Weather looks good too (81 - 0% chance of rain). I would like to join you, but have a few issues to deal with:

1) I burned an impeller at the end of the season last year. Replaced it, ran a few more times (all good) and made a run from metro beach to Wyandotte a few weeks ago. Coming home from Wyandotte my water pressure sat at about 8 lbs on the port engine (17 on strbod and port is the replaced impeller). Temp stayed good until I hit 4000 rpm and then would start to slowly climb. Running below 4000 temp stayed good. I'm thinking I might have some debris left in the line and plan on flushing out today. Assuming that fixes it, the boat is good to go ......... just have to get the wife and some friends to agree to go

2) What speed do you guys run at? I normally cruise at 50 MPH or so.Top end is 68 and wifey isn't doing that for long.

3) I have some good friends who have a daughter visiting from Louisiana. Depending on her schedule (and whether or not she wants the parents to do something else) will decide if we go.

Please post updates on schedule. If we decide to go (I really want to), I'll be at Miller 10:45 ish. Look for me in a 46EC Black Thunder. Hope it all works out
. The schedule is leaving miller at 1130. Then no schedule.

All different speeds, a few of us leave for Boyne next week so shouldn't be a high speed rip. There will be boats from 60 top speed to 125.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Wish I could join you guys. Boat is still at All American drive. Have fun, it looks like it is going to be a beautiful weekend.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Posted above, Saturday.

You thought I was what?
Saturday no good, family bbq's that day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.