40' Hallet, need to sell ASAP

Notices

40' Hallet, need to sell ASAP

Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
OSO ad down to 138K........

Don't think it is a price issue. I would be willing to bet that you could ebay/oso list it at 99K for a week and you would still own the boat despite the power being worth 2/3's of the 99K ask.
Boat is not real popular (maybe out west but the rest of the country it is an odd boat), paint is nice but not memorable, it is not that fast (75 is your guess, factory says 80), it is really a 4 year old boat despite being new and in this economy at the end of summer anyone would be nuts to buy a boat! Fuel prices could be $10 a gallon next spring if Obama starts running this place, not that Geo. W hasn't left it in a mess of his own..........
Put another 38'-40' next to this and this boat more than holds its own. Yes, it doesn't have the Cigarette name nor the speed of a Fountain, but the quality is top notch. This isn't the boat for someone if they want to run 120 MPH. However, if you wanted a boat that could handle all the rough stuff, has a full 1 year warranty including on Mercury motor and drives, and also has A/C with generator, this is the boat for that person. The boat is also sitting on a $19,000 trailer from Extreme Custom Trailers.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered

I just returned from a vacation in California. While I was there I had the privilege of visiting the Hallett factory and meeting the owner. They are great people and the facility is immaculate. You can tell by the way they meticulously maintain the shop, just how much pride they have in what they are doing. The fit, finish, and quality of these boats will match ANY others that I have seen. I was especially impressed with the quality of the gel-coat work on them. When they first came out with the side door into the cabin, it looked pretty scary to me too. Keep in mind though, these are sharp people that have been building boats for a LONG time and that hatch has been available for MANY years. If there had been any "minor" issues with the hatch, they would have been resolved by now. If there were "MAJOR" liabilities with it, it would have been discontinued. Bottom line is, if I were in the market for a boat I would definitely be looking into this one.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by customtouch
I just returned from a vacation in California. While I was there I had the privilege of visiting the Hallett factory and meeting the owner. They are great people and the facility is immaculate. You can tell by the way they meticulously maintain the shop, just how much pride they have in what they are doing. The fit, finish, and quality of these boats will match ANY others that I have seen. I was especially impressed with the quality of the gel-coat work on them. When they first came out with the side door into the cabin, it looked pretty scary to me too. Keep in mind though, these are sharp people that have been building boats for a LONG time and that hatch has been available for MANY years. If there had been any "minor" issues with the hatch, they would have been resolved by now. If there were "MAJOR" liabilities with it, it would have been discontinued. Bottom line is, if I were in the market for a boat I would definitely be looking into this one.
Thank you for the comments. Boat was sold today.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

Congrats!!! Someone got a steal on a nice boat!!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

nice