Just bought a Hallett 270T >

Just bought a Hallett 270T

Notices

Just bought a Hallett 270T

Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
I was told that it was a 75 mph boat by Jerry Barron. I really couldn't let it all out when in the ocean the other day (not smooth enough), but a couple of weeks before that on a local lake that has a 35 mph speed limit I did try one speed pass when no one was around and it saw 82 on the speedo, but that was running down wind in about a 1-2' chop with 25 mph wind in my back, and on a pitot type speedo (not sure how accurate that is). The boat handles very well, is similar to the 32 Spectra that I used to have (same designer). Not as dry as my old Fountain 35 was.
Very nice boat! I just picked a up a 270S! Still trying to figure out what prop is best for mine. Not sure if that 35mph local lake that u went to was Castaic or Pyramid, but it is so hard to test props out there. Those damn speed limits are cutting into my "fun time!!!"

Hopefully I'll see u out there on the lake sometime soon.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz
Very nice boat! I just picked a up a 270S! Still trying to figure out what prop is best for mine. Not sure if that 35mph local lake that u went to was Castaic or Pyramid, but it is so hard to test props out there. Those damn speed limits are cutting into my "fun time!!!"

Hopefully I'll see u out there on the lake sometime soon.
Castaic! upper lake after carfully checking to make sure no Yellow boats were hiding in any coves up there
Old 03-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Registered

Lol! I got caught within about 2 minutes after getting out of the no wake zone from the ramp. There was no one on the lake (besides a few boats), and they popped out. The woman was real cool though and just gave me a warning
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

You guys are reminding me of reasons why I left California...
Old 03-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

Great looking boat. We bought a 270s ob at the end of last season. I really like it so far. We live in Castaic, so maybe we'll bump into you one weekend.

How did it feel in the ocean? I want to take a trip to Catalina this summer.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by skav
Great looking boat. We bought a 270s ob at the end of last season. I really like it so far. We live in Castaic, so maybe we'll bump into you one weekend.

How did it feel in the ocean? I want to take a trip to Catalina this summer.
I have taken it to Catalina twice and it was a nice easy trip. Both days were very calm and I used the hoist to launch at King Harbor, Redondo Beach. They charge $40 for one round trip in and out, I thought that was well worth it to keep the trailer out of the salt water. It took about 45-50 minutes to get to Avalon, about 35 gallons of gas for the round trip, cruising at 45 mph. Total trip time was about 2.2 hours on the Hobbs meter including ideling in and out of the harbors.

Only complaint with the boat is when idleing slow I can not get it to go in a straight line. Even if you don't touch the steering wheel it wanders back and forth, side to side. Very annoying!