Looking at a 210 ? >

Looking at a 210 ?

Notices

Looking at a 210 ?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a 210 ?

Hell Everyone, I would first like to apologize if there is thread discussing the 210 but being in the mid west I can not easily go and look at one. I have found a 210 that I am debating on pursuing but am unfamiliar with the size of boat etc. I am used to larger deeper boats and the 210 looks questionable to me. My brother has a 20' cole which he swears runs better than anything we have been in before. From what I have read on the forums and researching the 210 is a completely different hull than the vector. I run the Ohio River / Lake Cumberland. I want a hot rod boat that will grab attention and the Hallett appear to be the ticket. I am curious if there are any 210 owners on here, is the hull design meant for performance or geared toward skiing purposes? What will it run with a 500 EFI? I have been told and read that this hull rides very well in rough stuff for the size, can anyone comment? I will mostly be in 2'-3' chop and do not want to break my spine. Any comments or suggestions about the 210 are greatly appreciated since there are appear to be 0 within 300 miles of where I live to go look at.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

First off, Hallett makes a very solid and stable boat...including the 210. I do not own a 210 but have ridden in a couple. The 210 is a very good "all around" boat meaning that it is in the middle of being a good skiing boat as well as a performance boat. With a 500EFI it will probably be in the +/- 78 mph range depending on if it is an open bow or closed bow and how much stuff is stored on it (skis/wakeboards, stereo equip, anchor, etc.). Any 21' boat is going to be a little rough in 2-3' chop but this one will definately handle it well. Hope that helps.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

Hi Stephensm6,
I just purchased a used Hallett 210, 454 EFI, 1994 Model with 132 hours, looks new. I grew up with boats, but nothing like these today. As far as ride, yes, they have a great ride. We live on lake wylie in SC. Hallett's are very well built, I did alot of research before I purchased this one. I'm 56 years old, so I don't want to run that fast, just cruise around. As far as top speed, I was told around 70mph, I've been 65, and that was fast enough. Sorry I can't answer all your questions because I'm new to this boat.
Thanks,
Brian
Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

Any input helps. I understand that it is not going to handle rough water like a bigger boat but I did not know if anyone had any input on how the hull handled it. I understand that Halletts are built with high quality that is why I am very interested, I unfortunately do not have any around me to look at. I appreciate any input, thank you very much.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Stephen,
I have a Hallett 270T and although it is the only Hallett that I have been in I have owned many performance boats.
It is very well built and a good all around boat. Their attention to detail and ergonomics are top notch.
From a performance ride stand point I would say that their boats are designed to do everything well, but do not excell in any particular area like ride or speed. Where a Fountain is best at speed, but has other compromises.
Overall I strongly recomend the brand and their service department (which won't do you much good as you are too far away) is the best there is.