388 slingshot

Notices

388 slingshot

Old 06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 388 slingshot

i have a few questions about this boat. why does the price vary so much on these boats? i have found 2 1997s from 99000 to 119000. then i see some 98 and 99s and they go for 139000 to 159000. newer then that is over 200. now i ahve been looking at different boats foe a little while now just to get an idea of what i can and should buy for my next boat.( i dont know when ill be buying). i dont know much about huslters and i really wasnt looking for that big but seeing the 97 in the classifieds for 99000 got me thinking. i have also seen a few 344s for sale but they seem to be priced the same. im looking for a boat that will run mid 80s and still have a very nice cabin. i know sonic is a good choice for that but i want to see what else there is. i need an enclosed head ,with ac, sink, cooler or fridge and maybe a micro which is all in this boat or able to put in. what i think im asking you guys is why should i buy a 388. and give me any info on the boat that you can. thqanks guys.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: 388 slingshot

There are a lot of excellent boat manufacturers out there, so it boils down to personal choice and where you're going to run the boat. The Slingshot is a performance boat that seems well suited for the Great Lakes. I run mine on Lake Ontario and unless I get into some really big stuff,it's not too punishing. One big difference in pricing is whether it's a Poker Run version which has a partial berth or whether it is the standard version and which options it has. You really need to drive a few to see if it fits your needs as well as different manufacturers. Mine has essentially all the options plus the 800SC's with SSMV's in the back. Most people will tell you it's a well built boat. Just one person's opinion.Good luck!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks for the reply. i like the slingshot and i like the cabin.i spend lots of weekends on the boat and the hustler seems to have it all. it is also alot bigger then i was looking for but when i saw the ones in the classified i started to think about it and it might be the way to go. anyone else? yell me what you guys think...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You will have a hard time finding a better rough water boat the 388! The construction is just as if not better then any of the other top brands. Power for power it is faster then any other boat simialr size and weight. As far as dealing with the manufacturer they are the best.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks for the reply. nast night i was talking about huslters to my girlfriend while we were sitting on my fathers 392 silverton when i 26 hustler pulled into my marina. i have never seen this boat before so that made it even weirder(if thats a word). i went and looked at it and my girlfriend liked it alot so i told her well picture it 12 feet bigger and thats what i can get. i think she like the idea...
Old 06-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

In my opinion the 38 Hustler is the biggest boat in its class. It has a good size cockpit, a usable cabin with decent headroom, and has a roomy engine compartment. No boat out there in its class will run as fast with all of the above three combined. The 34 is cool and a rocket ship but the 388 is just that much bigger for about the same coin. you probably wont find a 388 with an ac or an micro. But those are things you have to consider when you look at how fast you run with bone stock power. Also these boats are performer's from top end to acceleration and handling. My 388 is the fastest accelerating boat i've ever been in. Good luck on your search. Also for questions just call the factory and ask Joe who is very friendly. Great customer service. Again good luck!!!