Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Hustler
Props Turning In or Out on your 388? >

Props Turning In or Out on your 388?

Notices

Props Turning In or Out on your 388?

Old 06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Props Turning In or Out on your 388?

I know the theory or logic behind the turning in or out of props. Mine are turning out......that way when I bought it. I seem to have a lot of stern lift and could stand to carry the bow higher. Seems only right to turn them in but the boat was initially set up by Teague with his Platinum XR's and Stelling boxes. How's everybody else set up on a 388?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

My 2004 388 with IMCO 4x4's with big stand off boxes and Paul Pfaff 900's had the props spinning outwards. I had plenty of bow lift, using Hydromotive P5X's.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BeetleJuice
My 2004 388 with IMCO 4x4's with big stand off boxes and Paul Pfaff 900's had the props spinning outwards. I had plenty of bow lift, using Hydromotive P5X's.

what kinda speeds did ya get with that power?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Registered

110.8 MPH was the best I ever saw, with everything being perfect. 106MPH was consistent.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

How did you like it at those speeds compared to your razor at 95+?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Rob
VIP Member

110.8 MPH was the best I ever saw, with everything being perfect. 106MPH was consistent.

I would think that is the fastest bravo style 388 out there!!!

Did it have the modification done to the strakes?

I am hitting a wall at 102

Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Mine would run 105 in the gulf 1/2 tank fuel two people 6 lbs boost. In va. the best I ever saw was 102. The previous owner ran 110 w/ 10lbs boost in va. The bottom was blueprinted and trued though.
Attached Thumbnails Props Turning In or Out on your 388?-dsc03029.jpg  
Old 07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I would think that is the fastest bravo style 388 out there!!!

Did it have the modification done to the strakes?

I am hitting a wall at 102
I bought the Slingshot new from Hustler and had the Paul Pfaff 900's shipped to Hustler for install and rigging. Joe had the strakes modified and cut back 18 inches, knowing beforehand what power was going in it.

It was one of the fastest V bottom's in all the Poker Runs I participated in. For three years I entered almost all Poker runs in the west. Most of the time I was the 1st V bottom to the first card stop or a close 2nd, just getting beat out last minute by a 1,200 H.P. Fountain or Outerlimits. My Slingshot was by far the fastest out of the hole and mid range acceleration! I would be miles ahead before they built up their momentum. They needed a long straight stretch before these few bigger horse power V bottoms would pass me.

Last edited by BeetleJuice; 07-25-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
How did you like it at those speeds compared to your razor at 95+?

The Razor at 98MPH (so far it's max speed) has a much more solid, stable and secure ride than the Slingshot does at 98MPH. The Razor is a different type of boat. Larger and Heavier and a single step. The Razor has a lot less of the loose feeling, it kind of just set's a line and sits there and glides over the chop. With its deep cockpit and high windshield we almost have a false sense of how fast we are really going. With the Slingshot you really have to drive the boat, be constantly adjusting your tabs, trim and steering. The Slingshot (at least mine) was much faster and more exciting to drive, at least to me, but not the wife, she prefers the safe, stable feeling of the Razor.

The wife is the boss!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Rob
VIP Member

I bought the Slingshot new from Hustler and had the Paul Pfaff 900's shipped to Hustler for install and rigging. Joe had the strakes modified and cut back 18 inches, knowing beforehand what power was going in it.

It was one of the fastest V bottom's in all the Poker Runs I participated in. For three years I entered almost all Poker runs in the west. Most of the time I was the 1st V bottom to the first card stop or a close 2nd, just getting beat out last minute by a 1,200 H.P. Fountain or Outerlimits. My Slingshot was by far the fastest out of the hole and mid range acceleration! I would be miles ahead before they built up their momentum. They needed a long straight stretch before these few bigger horse power V bottoms would pass me.

What drives? and did ya break any?

Quick Reply: Props Turning In or Out on your 388?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.