32 Hustler SS project >

32 Hustler SS project

Notices

32 Hustler SS project

Old 07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98itrwhite
hey nick its C.J. from the shop next door. welcome to the board man...... and good luck with the hustler
Hey, When you told me you were into boats, I forgot to ask if you were on this forum. Its a small.......Internet! haha

I didn't realize those single post seats were so weak. Just thought it would be nice to have the ability to swivel around and face the rear bench when just hangin out and bangin back a few with the ladies. Though, I will MOSTLY be running the boat on the Hudson, I would like to build it keeping the next owner in mind so keeping it offshore friendly will be a priority. Thanks for the pointer.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its also ease of maneuvering..you'll want to be able to stand while driving sometimes... good luck, fun project..
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

Finally got to make some progress on the boat today. I started the endless battle of ripping out every piece of wet wood from the boat and gained access to the stringers for inspection. To my surprise they are all in tact and good to go! The floor and just about everything else outside the cabin was another story but was expected and I had already planned on replacing. On the negative side of things when walking on the bow for the first time I noticed the foam core had started to rot away on about 70% of the surface! I have stopped all progress for the moment and im trying to figure out if there is a way to fix this and what would be the CORRECT way to do so. Oh and I was building a tent around the boat to keep the elements out during the build and I noticed the hull is 34' from the stern to the tip of the bow. Whats up with this? The people I bought the boat from knew next to nothing about it and I was told it was a 1982 32' Hustler SS. Did they make a 34' in that year or are hulls not actually measured from the longest points? (Im not including drive/swim deck just hull)
Attached Thumbnails 32 Hustler SS project-img_2235.jpg  

Last edited by 32HustSS; 07-20-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

I like these projects!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

Do you have the facility to split the deck from the hull, and flip it over?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

My shop has steel beams in the roof so I suppose I could rig something that would allow me to lift the deck and flip it or maybe rent a forklift. I'm very interested in this method as it would save ALOT of blending/finishing work etc. What would be the proper way to lift and rotate the deck? I assume it would need quite a bit of support? Also, Some area's on the deck which are soft have lifted a little and gives some areas of the deck a wavy look. Will these areas relax back to the correct shape after I remove the glass under layer and damaged core?

Last edited by 32HustSS; 07-22-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good fit for a nice fast open bow or center console .

Good luck with boat, you are definetly in the right place for advice and resources.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Sounds like a good fit for a nice fast open bow or center console .

Good luck with boat, you are definetly in the right place for advice and resources.
Hahah crossed my mind!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Great minds think alike.

Hey you may think it's crazy but it's done all the time. Not to mention that the Mid cabin style boats with open bows are definetly coming on strong in the market especially on the west coast. Would be an awesome party boat

It will definetly be unique, should think about it.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

Check out the 30 Advantage victory
Attached Thumbnails 32 Hustler SS project-open-bow.jpg   32 Hustler SS project-open-bow-2.jpg   32 Hustler SS project-open-bow-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: 32 Hustler SS project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.