Who knows this one...? >

Who knows this one...?

Notices

Who knows this one...?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Who knows this one...?

I'm kicking some tires...looking for the next ride (hopefully it'll be this year)...don't know much about Hustlers. Saw this in the classifieds:
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20373-en.html
Looks like a beautiful boat, priced very well. What are the cabins like in 388s? I'm looking for something a bit bigger than a Fountain...but the Hustler looks to be quite similar in size?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Registered

Also...are there any design changes over the years that I should be aware of (diff. hulls, cocpit or cabin layouts, layups, etc.) that would greatly affect the pricing? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I think my 388 with swim platform was close to 40'...

This boat is soooo much better, bigger, sexier...than a fountain. The only thing a 38 fountain might have on this is a bit more speed.. 2-3mphs...
But remember a 38 hustler and 38 fountain have different weights....why, because a 38 fountain is really a 36 and change compared to the over all length of the 388. Maybe that is where the speed comes into factor.

I think the bottom has been modified in '04 and newer.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I think all the bottoms are the same unless after 2004 you opted for larger power and they adjusted the strakes accordingly. The 388 has a great cabin and is overall bigger than the Fountain as Schweeng said. Was at the factory today. Great boats and great people. We would own another in a heartbeat. The new 39 should be wicked!!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 AM
Registered

Appreciated, gentlemen. I'm not comparing a 38 Fountain to a 388, though, I'm looking for a 37-39 foot boat, which means a 42 Fountain . Right now I'm considering 37 AT, a 42 Lightning, and Hustler. Cabin space will be an issue...I'd like a LITTLE more room than the Fountain provides. And yes, a T/S Gun would be first on my list, but my pockets aren''t QUITE that deep yet.

Or maybe if the markets and gas prices keep going like this, I'll just keep my money under my mattress at home!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Appreciated, gentlemen. I'm not comparing a 38 Fountain to a 388, though, I'm looking for a 37-39 foot boat, which means a 42 Fountain . Right now I'm considering 37 AT, a 42 Lightning, and Hustler. Cabin space will be an issue...I'd like a LITTLE more room than the Fountain provides. And yes, a T/S Gun would be first on my list, but my pockets aren''t QUITE that deep yet.

Or maybe if the markets and gas prices keep going like this, I'll just keep my money under my mattress at home!

Check this out, Has plenty of room.

http://www.speedwake.com/newclassifi...uct=695&cat=70
Old 01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Plenty of pricetag too, I'm sure! Beautiful boat, just a bit out of my league. Not looking for that kind of hp, either.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it doesn't have a 1 or an indian on the side of it, just keep looking
Old 01-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plenty of pricetag too, I'm sure! Beautiful boat, just a bit out of my league. Not looking for that kind of hp, either.
Hey Big daddy sounds to me like the 46 SKATER is just what your L@@kin for and you'll forget you ever owned the fountain
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

The ad reads "Will sell with or with out power, Other Engine Pkg's Available"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.