Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts

Notices

Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts

Old 03-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Galex JL770 ?

Galex,

I am looking to install the JL770 at the throttles, do you know if there is enough depth to mount them. I see you used the 6.5which according the JL website has a mounting depth of
2.74"/69.5mm the JL770 have a mounting depth of
3.15"/80mm. I look up and tried to measure the best I could I think it's going to be close. How do the JL770 sound? I am upgrading the interior and needed them for mock up. I bought the the ones with a seperate tweeter.

THANX
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dicdik
Galex,

I am looking to install the JL770 at the throttles, do you know if there is enough depth to mount them. I see you used the 6.5which according the JL website has a mounting depth of
2.74"/69.5mm the JL770 have a mounting depth of
3.15"/80mm. I look up and tried to measure the best I could I think it's going to be close. How do the JL770 sound? I am upgrading the interior and needed them for mock up. I bought the the ones with a seperate tweeter.

THANX
I looked at doing the same but just thought it was cutting it too close and the way the way I set it up it just would have been over kill and just didn't look the way i wanted but i do think if you push them down close to the bottom it will work
Old 03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Galex,

Thanx for the info. I guess I'll cut it out for the 6.5s and if I have the room open it up for the 770's. At least I know the 6.5s will fit if there isn't enough room for the 770s.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered

Kirk
If your talking about the rear bench arm rest, I drilled and installed cup holders in the area below where the speaker is located. I centered the hole in the blue upholstery.
I thought I sent you some pictures. I will try to find them again for you.
Steve
Old 03-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

GALEX,

What amps are you running and where are they located? I've got one set of the JL 770 components already that I've been using for mock up. I know that I am gonna have at least 2 sets of JL 770s components and either a third set or a set of the JL 6.5's. What amp do I need to run all 6 speakers? I was looking to stay with the JL's.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GALEX,

What amps are you running and where are they located? I've got one set of the JL 770 components already that I've been using for mock up. I know that I am gonna have at least 2 sets of JL 770s components and either a third set or a set of the JL 6.5's. What amp do I need to run all 6 speakers? I was looking to stay with the Jul's.

Rich I have the JUL channel amp for the cabin,4 6 1/2 and a JUL 12 in the birth,I'm very happy the way it came out and its loud,I made a board for the cockpit amps,I need to redo it and ad some more.

I know that the speakers close to the floor don't have much volume,
Rob
Attached Thumbnails Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts-boat-paint-8-26-09-035-large-.jpg   Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts-boat-paint-8-26-09-085-large-.jpg   Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts-boat-paint-8-26-09-119-large-.jpg  

Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts-boat-paint-8-26-09-308-large-.jpg   Slingshot Interior & Speaker Thoughts-4-16-09-023-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Registered

Rob,

I was thinking about installling them upside down under the rear bolster when I get it back. Ton of room, lots of air movement and won't be exposed to water unless I got stupid with the hose and spray under the seat. It would be hard to spray water at them by accident. Is there suffient power in the power closet to hook the amps up or do I need to run separate lines? If I mount them under the middle seat of the bolster my power wires and speaker wires would be only a few feet long as opposed to running power up the side. It would cheaper to by longer RCA's then run heavy gauge power wire and speaker wire all over the boat. Just a thought.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rob,

I was thinking about installing them upside down under the rear bolster when I get it back. Ton of room, lots of air movement and won't be exposed to water unless I got stupid with the hose and spray under the seat. It would be hard to spray water at them by accident. Is there sufficient power in the power closet to hook the amps up or do I need to run separate lines? If I mount them under the middle seat of the bolster my power wires and speaker wires would be only a few feet long as opposed to running power up the side. It would cheaper to by longer RCA's then run heavy gauge power wire and speaker wire all over the boat. Just a thought.
I ran a monster style wire hot into a fuse box on the board,I have a inline fuse in the main power wire in the side compartment,100amp,It depend on the Amp if it gets hot enough to clip out,One Rockford clipped once on me,which they run hot naturally,I then installed a brushless fan and put a speaker gril on it,since then we haven't let it play wide open for a hour OR so.when i up grade ill be taking the rocks out replace with the JL,the 6 channel is much stronger than the rocks.The Linear Power 3000 amp on the subs keeps on runing and runs cool

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by galex0100
and the new drives just cause in case any one was think of going the same way
Looks awesome Gary! Are we actually going to see you on the water more than once this year? It's getting to be that time!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Yes she'll be out all summer long just as soon as the motors are back and now that i live on the the water guess you can say i'm always on the water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.