388 Slingshot engine hatch mounting point >

388 Slingshot engine hatch mounting point

Notices

388 Slingshot engine hatch mounting point

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 388 Slingshot engine hatch mounting point

Ran the boat last weekend looking for any issues before summer. Boat ran flawlessly. Ended up being a bumpy ride out in the lake though.

When we picked up the boat the engine hatch seemed loose. I looked a tlittle closer and whatever holds the hatch on in back was gone on the port side. It was there at the previous stop so definitely came off on the final run of the day. I didnt have time to diagnose before wiping her down and putting in storage.

Going to look at it this weekend but was curious what holds that pivoting mount point. Is it just a bolt or something special? Not sure if it fell off the boat or maybe into the engine compartment. I'll look at the other side but I imagine someone can tell me waht to expect.

Kieffer
"Fukin Hustlin"
Old 02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have some picks of the bolt and the T sleave/bushion on my home computer if that will help? Mine had locktie or corosion,stainless on stainless,had to use a cheater bar'The port side you cant get to the back side for lube.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails 388 Slingshot engine hatch mounting point-boat-paint-8-26-09-064-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Thanks guys,

At least I know what I'm looking for now. Didnt get a chance to work on last weekend but plan to start this week.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Got her mended. I did order a new one from Hustler. In the mean time it was fairly easy to find a bolt that fit and then grind off the thread half way to a smooth pin. Screwed right in and worked like a charm. I'm wondering if the new one will match the other side.....