39 Rockit Stereo questions >

39 Rockit Stereo questions

Notices

39 Rockit Stereo questions

Old 03-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 39 Rockit Stereo questions

I'm about to do some stereo work on the 39' Rockit on KY Lake. The stereo that Hustler installed is nice, but the owner wants a little bit more. I stopped by his shop the other day to look it over for a few minutes. I didn't take anything apart just yet, but I need to know what amps Hustler installs in these boats at the factory when they're being built. The only speakers in the boat are the JL components and 10" woofer under the rear bench. The components will stay, but we may be installing 3 Wet Sounds 10FA's under the bench, replacing the 1 10" that's down there. I'll probably be changing out the amps as well, depending on what's in there. I'm almost positive that the amps are behind the electrical control panel that houses the radio, but without taking anything apart just yet, I don't know for sure. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on that for me, so my questions are:

1. If the amps aren't located behind the head unit, where are they?
2. What amps are installed in the boat from Hustler?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Registered

Give John at Hustler a call 631 208 2933 he can answer all your questions
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Registered

Just spoke with him... Very helpful guy!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Registered

How do the FA's work under the bench seat? Does the rear bench seat not seal well enough when closed to form an enclosure?
I have wandered with some of the marine subs being optimized for FA applications how that works. I am assuming the 3 subs will be mounted to the front (baffle ?) of the rear bench and if so, that seems like more of a sealed application.

Do you mind giving some more details?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireguy
How do the FA's work under the bench seat? Does the rear bench seat not seal well enough when closed to form an enclosure?
I have wandered with some of the marine subs being optimized for FA applications how that works. I am assuming the 3 subs will be mounted to the front (baffle ?) of the rear bench and if so, that seems like more of a sealed application.

Do you mind giving some more details?
I haven't looked too closely at the rear bench yet. I've done several installs with the FA's under the rear bench seat in other boats. The fiberglass facing out will serve as the baffle for the woofers, and if I install more than one, I'll use a piece of 3/4" marine-grade plywood inside to strenghthen the baffle. Sometimes I'll use weather-stripping around the edges where the seat contacts the base to help seal it off, but it's hard to get it completely sealed. Woofers being used in a FA application won't sound as good they would in a sealed or ported enclosure, but sometimes theres just no other option.

This is the FA woofer that I use: http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/XS-10FA.html
Old 04-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Registered

Stereo is almost finished. The amp turned out to be a Kicker ZX700.5, and it's under the actuator in the gunwhale that moves the cabin door open/closed. The door has been disassembled and I've had to crawl in and out of it several times. New amps are installed: Wet Sounds Syn1 1000W mono amp, and Wet Sounds Syn4 800W 4-channel amp, are being installed in the same location on the gunwhale where the Kicker amp was. A Stinger SPP2150 battery is being installed in a battery tray next to the stringer that will be under the sliding door when it's complete. A Stinger SBC6A on-board charger/maintainer is being installed next to the battery and will charge the battery after each use. I'm also cutting in another set of JL M770 components behind the bolsters, and 3 Wet Sounds XS-10FA's under the rear bench. Battery install and cutting 7 holes in the interior is all that's left. Pics to come following the install......
Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered

Just finished up....

Ordering the xaudiocovers billet grills for the JL's on Monday to match the existing speakers.

Added 3rd set of components behind the front bolsters.

Cut out all 3 holes for the Wet Sounds 10FA's. There was an existing hole, but it wasn't big enough.

Added the stereo battery charger/maintainer in the galley below the built-in cooler.

Stereo battery located under the cabin door

Added an isolator so the stereo battery is isolated from the main boat batteries while the engines aren't running.

Amprack bolted into the OEM amp location. A Wet Sounds Syn1 was used for the 3 subs, and a Syn4 was used for the 3 sets of JL Audio components. Fuseholders and distribution blocks are also located on the amprack.

The hole I had to crawl into to mount everything. Talk about anti-theft options....

Charger plugs into the galley receptacle and charges battery until it's at 100%, then charger shuts off completely. It's by chance that Hustler set that receptacle up so that the shore power plug can be plugged in and powered on, but nothing else on the boat is powered. It actually will work out great.

More pics.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered

very nice!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

WOW, very nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.