Diamond Plate >

Diamond Plate

Notices

Diamond Plate

Old 06-13-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond Plate

I have a '96 32 that does not have the optional diamond plate in the engine compartment. I plan on adding the diamond plate. Does anyone have any information as to what factory configuration was? Is it just on the outside of each motor? Is anything in front of each motor? I spoke to factory a year ago-they weren't much help on this topic.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:27 AM
Hustler 26

I have a 26 which I installed diamond plate in. I don't know what the factory installation was on your or my boat, if there ever was any. However back to the question at hand. My boat has 4 stringers. I ran the diamond plate on each side of the motor from the hull side to the first stringer on each side. I bent the over all length on each plate so as to be able to screw it to the side of the stringer. I think it looks great. It also gives me a flat surface so as to work on each side of the motor more easily. I also installed diamond plate on the front bulkhead (firewall). Hope this is of some help.

Dave M. aka Hustler 26