Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 26 Hustler ??

My Boats:
    2009 Spectre 32 CS 300xs, 2007 Sea Ray 310

26 Hustler ??

I am looking at a 98 26 Hustler 502mag low hours. mcleod int and trailer for 49k. I dont know much about them but I am familiar with the 26 Sonic. Anyone tell me about this boat.....quality, speed etc. Thanks

Hustler 26
    I own a 1996 26 Hustler. I spent 3 years looking for a boat and when I found this I fell in love. Mine you when I say 3 years I looked at many makes, Sonic being one of them. Remember compare apples to apples. The 26 Sonic in my opion has a smaller cockpit than the Hustler. The rear bench is very close to the back of the front bolsters. The Hustler is vacuum bag contructed. The Sonic isn't. The Hustler has a ventelated notched tramson. The Sonic doesn't. Please don't get the idea that I don't like Sonics. I do. I just like Hustlers better.

With a 502 you can expect top speeds around 64-66. Hustlers are a heavy boat. This makes them great for open water. Mine is powered by a 509 running a B&M 420 blower. At present I'm turning a 28 labbed Bravo.

Hustler 26
    Sorry almost forgot. The 26 Hustler is a true 26 foot boat

My Boats:
    Boatless....
    Hot Boat did an article on the 26 in March of '96. in addition, Boating also did an article on the same boat. test boat was set up with a bulldog motor, extender box and ran aprox. 80 MPH. Hull is vacuum bagged, but still heavy. It is a traditional deep-V design-no steps. Built to take rough water. Check out Hustler web site, I believe 26 info/spec sheet still available for reference. As far as comparison, check out options on both boats carefully. Many Hustlers are set up with performance options/equipment which can effect price of what you are buying,ie: external steering, CMI exhaust. Best to get out on the water and test drive in conditions which you will be running. Sonic is a nice boat, but not a Hustler.