Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks clean
Old 10-14-2014, 07:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats on the 388. They are great boats!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, great boats! You will be impressed with the rigging, especially the wiring. Great boats, I know a handful of people that own them, and have even worked on a few. They tow light, and ride light. They put down some impressive speed numbers with stock power.

The headliner falling down seems to be the only complaint I have heard from friends. And the sink in the cabin drains to the front bilge, so be sure that pump is working before you start dumping stuff down the drain
Old 10-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for the heads up 4BUS! I realized that after the transport company towed with the cover off...in the rain...stopped overnight...in the pouring rain and towed it the next day...in the rain that the cabin bilge pump did not come on... FREAKING PO'D! Water was up to the cabin step. Batteries were off and when I turned them on I had to manually turn the pump on...so looks like I will be getting a new pump to put on. But all cleaned up and drying out nicely! Couldn't run it due to the weather and had to get back to Dallas. Hope to be back down on Canyon in 2 weeks to run it weather permitting....working this coming weekend so that's a no go (5 hour drive).

Question for y'all. Owner had 28's and 30's. I opted for the B1 30's to LAB and work over. What are y'all running with 500HP's?
Attached Thumbnails New to me 99 388 Slingshot-shine.jpg  
Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Thanks for the heads up 4BUS! I realized that after the transport company towed with the cover off...in the rain...stopped overnight...in the pouring rain and towed it the next day...in the rain that the cabin bilge pump did not come on... FREAKING PO'D! Water was up to the cabin step. Batteries were off and when I turned them on I had to manually turn the pump on...so looks like I will be getting a new pump to put on. But all cleaned up and drying out nicely! Couldn't run it due to the weather and had to get back to Dallas. Hope to be back down on Canyon in 2 weeks to run it weather permitting....working this coming weekend so that's a no go (5 hour drive).

Question for y'all. Owner had 28's and 30's. I opted for the B1 30's to LAB and work over. What are y'all running with 500HP's?
Man that sucks about the rain! That step pump should cycle automatically about every 10 minutes even if the battery switches are off. What ratio are your drives?
Old 10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I was just about to say that you should tow with plugs out....... Got caught in a rain storm and it rises pretty quickly.
Good looking 388. I had a 01 and loved. it.

Chris
Old 10-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice colors !! looks SHINY
Old 10-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks guys.... The plug was out of the transom...but the cabin doesn't drain to the bilge so it was a great fish pond (ugh).

Drives are 1.5's XR's
Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

congrats on the new rig....
Old 10-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if ya tow with cover on tape the front and about 4-5 ft down the side the snaps will come undone, been there.i usalyy use the blue painter tape,its weaker ,i scared it might peal clear off, dont leave it on in the sun, gets sticky ,

the front bilge pump on the early models had a timer, it would cycle every so many min, it would run the battery down, there is a toggle switch under rear seat,probably pre 2000 they tell you to flip the switch, turn off

Ive seen some changed pump over to one that has float built in, dont think many kept them, mine is rigged up just on the dash switch, there's a brown wire and a auto wire that are wired together for the dash switch, best i can remember, ive got a wire diagram if ya need

Also another reason to tape the front is if it rains the rain will run under the windshield and run into the joints, the track the cabin door runs in to, all those drain forward, ie front bridge, also most all step hulls have the front sump,

The water,stringer area, behind the dash, behind the port switch/110 panels drain to the sides and back, under the back seat the side compartment round covers,that area hold water and could run back forward and will drain back to rear bilge if raised high in the front, It will always hold about 1-2 in of water, just the design, also i would feel around in there , ther is usually trash, fiberglass chips,etc, and mine has a few screws in there, that could stop it up some.

the rear cockpit drains and under seat, drain into that area behind the round inspection plates, also if ya jack up the front or in the water make the nose high like getting on plane most would run to the rear,

remember the interior when get wet, trailering or getting caught in the rain water goes thru the seams and gets the foam wet,it will hold water,nothing you can do about it, after I had all my interior redone, i make it a POINT not to get it wet, i added vent.drains and covered foam is a plastic they call silk, its still gets wet,

also if ya pull the 12vt/110 panel there is usually trash/again screws from build in there too,drain holes in mean,,,,,,

the front bilge if water sit in there it will mold, and stinks,pump still leaves about 1 inch of water, i usalyy vac out and if i use the sink or know ive got some water i leave ba fan running in cabin blowing toward the door and leave the round inspection door of let it dry out, if it molds/stinks ive used bleach, and viniger to kill it

Hope this help,sorry the jumping around and spelling,alittle anal,lol

hollar

Rob

oyea the ice box/compartment drains forward, ive used it before ,help on # of icechest in boat,never had it over flow above the sump, the water tank is around 13 gal i had a line break once it will put about 2 inchs in the floor up front,a girl used the potty came out asking if that was normal one night,lol

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.