My 1999 388 History?

Old 01-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

thats a nice dad!!!!!! LOL
Old 01-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom Ryder had it traded for 38 Donzi zr Went to Fred aka trick who never used it. Boat had 525sc and was mint. I had a choice to buy it or. 382 formula w 500's. Robert nelems was a dealer and took the hustler on trade.
Fred changed the shifters and tabs to orange which looked like crap. Boat got sold motors upgraded to big blowers repoed and then ???? Wish I bought it but the formula was better for my family.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks for the info plumbers crack, so did you own it? I thought that Custom had bought it from Fred. Talking to Hustler they only had record of 4 owners total but it seems more show up. Yes, the orange tabs etc. were nasty, the guy I bought it from had it all painted black and the trailer shot black too. All the old pix I have found of it were super clean but know it was abused at some point, not bad but just can tell someone who didn't give a crap owned it at some point. but it is cleaning up nicely.

Yeah 315duramax... I think the guy I bought it from has a Skater of some sort (big cat with huge power) and a 38 TG I was told. I saw parts for the cat in the shop I bought it from, scoops painted etc. So I guess to him the 388 was nothing for him I would assume with his stable lol. The hour meeters are gone, has 1 single one in front of the shifters that doesn't work, going to put some new ones in it to keep track of what I will do to it. I spoke to Chip Fendt about the boat the other day, what a ton of knowledge.

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 01-11-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Registered

Plumber's crack is right that Customryder traded the boat for Donzi ZR Comp. I could not remember the place the ZRC came from. The boat was incredibly clean then. I mean pristine. It came from Central IL when customryder bought it. Don't know the name of ptior owner
Old 01-20-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Dealer was Robert Nelems in Alabama mostly a Formula dealer, I got the 382 from him via fred.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Also found this Ad from a while back... boat looked mean here... Had Marina Del Ray, CA. on the back of it.... Can't make out the full name...something Hustler...

http://www.luxuryatch.com/1999-hustler-38-slingshot/
It looks to me that it reads "Extreme Hustler". I was drooling over it when it was up for sale last. For some reason, the 388, yours specifically, is the only boat my wife will look at other than a formula.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Registered

Man you have good eyes Fischan... Appreciate the kind words... We really like the boat, needs some more TLC to get it back and up to snuff but it'll come. We keep the boat 5 hrs. from us so between that and it being in the shop several months last year we didn't get a lot of seat time to tinker with it and clean on it. So should I look you up if/when we sell it
Old 01-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Registered

One of the things that bothers me on the boat is when I saw pix of it from where I bought it from it looked like it had sportmaster lowers. This pic shows a new style XR upper/sportmaster lower and one old school XR upper/lower. I have the old school XR uppers and when I picked up the boat the boat had regular black lowers on it. Was told the sportmasters weren't really sportmasters but XR's with the paint grinded off and a nose cone.... Don't really believe it but in the end we didn't want to pass on the boat.[ATTACH=CONFIG]549885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549886[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails My 1999 388 History?-transom-drives.jpg   My 1999 388 History?-drives.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 02:00 AM
Registered

It sure wouldn't hurt to add me on facebook, (I'll pm you my contact info). There is a bunch we don't know about Hustlers and don't know anyone remotely close to us to hop on board. If all the right stars align, we could be an interested party!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Registered

Cool deal bud. Got your PM, will reply when I have more time here at work... FB is Dave Lockwood...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.