Notices

Viper Motors Everywhere

Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Motors Everywhere

OK...so I've had such great luck w/my Ilmors on my boat, I went out and bought a 2004 Viper Convertible last fall. Since I was used to a more agressive sound from the boat, I just finished a few mods to give it a bit more of a unique sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTR1fA4o5Q
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE!! We have polished manifolds ya know............
Old 05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Registered

I saw a black one on 590 South around empire blvd a couple of days ago. Probably yours. I had a red 06 Viper last year that i used aftermarket exhaust on but used to get a check engine light after a hard expressway pull. Hopefully you dont have same probs.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wreckedbikes
I saw a black one on 590 South around empire blvd a couple of days ago. Probably yours. I had a red 06 Viper last year that i used aftermarket exhaust on but used to get a check engine light after a hard expressway pull. Hopefully you dont have same probs.
:-) Probably was me. I live in Webster and frequent 590.

I put Belanger's on and I had read where previous iterations would occassionally trip CEL's after casual highway driving for soe distance...but, I've also read that they made some tweaks apparently....and I've had no CEL's since I've had them installed 3 weeks ago (about 1K miles). Even after driving 390 at 78 mph 90 mins each way to Bath NY for a lax game.

So, hopefully I won't have any.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Belangers are great, unfortunately vids never capture the deepness and aggressive sound... make the snakes sound like ricers lol. But in real life, sounds absolutely menacing. I ran lt headers, no cats, and Mopar exhaust which is their version of the Borla setup. Sounded f'n awesome in real life.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Belangers are great, unfortunately vids never capture the deepness and aggressive sound... make the snakes sound like ricers lol. But in real life, sounds absolutely menacing. I ran lt headers, no cats, and Mopar exhaust which is their version of the Borla setup. Sounded f'n awesome in real life.
So true. Vid is like watching a 3D movie without the glasses...you can kind of tell what's going on but really can't appreciate what's REALLY going on.

The Belangers sound phenomonal in 3 places:
1. Idle - it just sounds like a dirty, filthy beast. Everytime I start it, it invokes a response from anyone with in earshot
2. Hi RPM acceleration (ie over 3k) - it sounds like a very loud race car.
3. Deceleration - I love the Burble and Pop you get on deceleration....

Now, it is loud. If you are city driving and constantly accelerating 1k rpm-3krpms, it is loud. My wife and daughter don't like it. But my son and I both enjoy it :-)

I'm thrilled with the upgrade. Now the beast sounds like she looks.

I heard some Borla set ups (also via vids), and liked the way those sounded.

I've been a Porsche guy for many years. I still have a 911 Twin Turbo. But, I am really enjoying driving this raw testosterone oozing beast. I think I've only driven my TT three times since buying the Viper.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
I've been a Porsche guy for many years. I still have a 911 Twin Turbo. But, I am really enjoying driving this raw testosterone oozing beast. I think I've only driven my TT three times since buying the Viper.
I have two 911 turbos and two Vipers (although one is a dedicated track car), since I bought the Vipers I'll bet I've put less than 300 miles on the 911's combined... I'm not even sure why I still own them at this point!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
I have two 911 turbos and two Vipers (although one is a dedicated track car), since I bought the Vipers I'll bet I've put less than 300 miles on the 911's combined... I'm not even sure why I still own them at this point!
Since Im a team player, I will offer my "car sitting" services up to you. I will fly out there, pick up the 911 and bring it back to my house for u. I'll even keep the gas tank filled, and services up to date!!!! There may be a 100k miles extra on the odometer, but at least u dont have to pay me!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

That's funny too with the Porsches, the turbo's to me are just snoozemobiles now, their just feel so numb, smooth and refined.... compared to the rawer and way more fun 993 models. GT3 I love, but driving the new turbo i thought I was driving a fast lexus lol. Viper... just pure, raw, brutal unadulterated fun whether on the street or track.