Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
Insurance for FL w/ hurricane Coverage????? >

Insurance for FL w/ hurricane Coverage?????

Notices

Insurance for FL w/ hurricane Coverage?????

Old 08-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Insurance for FL w/ hurricane Coverage?????

i am insured with Bob Luellen of World wide, 1-800-339-1235, and we just added our NEW SEADOO jet boat with them. And we are insured thru Progressive, on both, with full windstorm damage, BUT I think Progressive might not be writing new policies in FL.! You might want to give Bob or John a call @ Worldwide.
hope this helps.
Dean
Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by asg
I have a Markel policy on my current boat and called them an was told they are not writing policies in FL anymore.
That is correct.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: Insurance for FL w/ hurricane Coverage?????

Here is the Scoop. If you have it insured in FL now with windstorm coverage, leave it their. Markel is writing in FL but all zones are closed (for wind coverage) except the Cape Canaveral north and inland zones. The Lloyds coverage is only avaliable through one guy and he is listed. If your boat is less than 30ft and less than $100K and doesn't run greater than 75 mph then Progressive is the call. Most good HP agents have Progressive so call them 1st as you save no money by going direct and the people on the other end don't now a Fountain from a Sea Ray. Another London sydicate has some coverage but only for specific makes (fountain, donzi, etc) up to 85 mph. Ski safe has some coverage in FL but the windstorm deductible is 25% (rumor).

Hope this helps,

Derek Lerma
Insurance Agent
Old 08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Straight Shooter
Here is the Scoop. If you have it insured in FL now with windstorm coverage, leave it their. Markel is writing in FL but all zones are closed (for wind coverage) except the Cape Canaveral north and inland zones. The Lloyds coverage is only avaliable through one guy and he is listed. If your boat is less than 30ft and less than $100K and doesn't run greater than 75 mph then Progressive is the call. Most good HP agents have Progressive so call them 1st as you save no money by going direct and the people on the other end don't now a Fountain from a Sea Ray. Another London sydicate has some coverage but only for specific makes (fountain, donzi, etc) up to 85 mph. Ski safe has some coverage in FL but the windstorm deductible is 25% (rumor).

Hope this helps,

Derek Lerma
Insurance Agent
This another reason we are REALLY going to try to pay off our Nordic this year, (If we don't sell it! ) and just go with our liability umbrella policy! I'm so sick of the insurance BS is Florida, it's ridiculous!
Dean
Old 08-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call a girl named Niala Narace @ Atlass Insurance in Ft. Lauderdale. (954)525-0585 all she does is marine insurance and has a company out of UK that is writing. I just had her insure my 35 fountain, full coverage including wind, 1 million liability, and an agreed value. for just under $4,000 a year. Not exactly cheap, but Markell was $3,300 with no wind and only 300,000 liability. (and quite frankly Markell sucks when paying claims) Give her a try.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tanner
Call a girl named Niala Narace @ Atlass Insurance in Ft. Lauderdale. (954)525-0585 all she does is marine insurance and has a company out of UK that is writing. I just had her insure my 35 fountain, full coverage including wind, 1 million liability, and an agreed value. for just under $4,000 a year. Not exactly cheap, but Markell was $3,300 with no wind and only 300,000 liability. (and quite frankly Markell sucks when paying claims) Give her a try.

What motors you have? Where you located?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

FOR SALE: 38TE Fountain Triple 275 Verao's with all the options! Brand new just had 100hr service done!

LOOKING FOR: 12' Boston Whaler with a 15hp Merc.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
FOR SALE: 38TE Fountain Triple 275 Verao's with all the options! Brand new just had 100hr service done!

LOOKING FOR: 12' Boston Whaler with a 15hp Merc.

Mike,

They never made a 12 whaler. You can get a 9,11 or 13 but no 12. Check www.whalercentral.com or www.continuouswave.com

I just bought a 15: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Paid 10K with $8600 in receipts for new 4 stroke 60 Yamaha (warranty til 2012), 06 trailer and Mills bimini top. Seller was a perfectionist to say the least.

Forgot to mention: Insurance is $237 per year and fuel is about $3 per hour.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 08-30-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Jupiter yes the 13' is what I meant! My neighbor has a 10' RIB with a small Yamaha on it. He has a blast on that thing cruising the canals and the mangrove creeks around the bay. Plus docking at the neighborhood waterside resturant is a breeze. When I ordered my 2006 38TE Fountain fuel was hovering right over $2 a gal. When I picked up the boat fuel had doubled and now it down .50 cents a gallon.
My wife and I use to go out every weeked and at least 1 day during the week. We have not had the boat out in a month! The Poker Run will be the 1st time since mid July.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
i am insured with Bob Luellen of World wide, 1-800-339-1235, and we just added our NEW SEADOO jet boat with them. And we are insured thru Progressive, on both, with full windstorm damage, BUT I think Progressive might not be writing new policies in FL.! You might want to give Bob or John a call @ Worldwide.
hope this helps.
Dean
Talked to John and he said there is no one right now that will insure my boat in Florida because it's too long and too fast.

Yep everyone it is a 38TE Fountain with triple 275's top speed of 70. No one will touch it or any other boat like it. Yes this is a FISHING BOAT! GEESH!

Quick Reply: Insurance for FL w/ hurricane Coverage?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.