Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
What happrned to Insurance God??? >

What happrned to Insurance God???

Notices

What happrned to Insurance God???

Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What happrned to Insurance God???

Originally Posted by tee4texas
I keep a $8m liability umbrella which covers activities on my personal prop including vehicles, boats, primary residence etc and my personal business prop including ranch activity, gas lease, and rental props as well as travel in my primary job.
Note - this is liability only - for example, I dont cover my boat or a couple of ranch vehicles as if they are destroyed, they can easily be replaced. I have found if you do a risk assessment, insurance very rarely pays for itself except in the most catastrophic events.....but you need protection from others.
The umbrella is the way to go IMO if you have the resources to replace what you could lose without much financial pain - I dont know what kind of insurance you are talking about (liability or collision, theft, etc) or what your boat is worth but, of course, you definitely need coverage for liability at a minimum. Anything beyond that is a risk assessment and I tend not to cover such items unless your use is very high or it would put you in financial straits if you lost it. Likewise, you need to be clear and free on those items.
Someone threw out $10k/mo ..........I am going to guess (show my ignorance) that this must be about a 800k-$1.2m boat......I am prob low. Payback about 7 years - more like 6 if invested properly. For me, that gets in the ballpark where I am on-the-fence but that is where your risk assessment normalizes the numbers for you.
I'm not an agent nor expert and I rely heavily on others to help me decide but I have had good success with Chubb........no claims but after a few reviews with some people in the know, it appears the best for my needs as well as competitively priced.

Why would you have an 8 million dollar umbrella?? I have a Chubb policy as well. whip
Old 09-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Registered

What kind of exposure do you have?? I'm in a very high risk business , lots of toys and I only have a 2 million personally. whip
Old 09-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered

I have been told that many users of OffshoreOnly have benefitted from our marine insurance services at Bruce V. Schneider Associates. I would be happy to speak to anyone about their High Performance Marine Insurance needs, we have specialized in Marine Insurance since 1987 and truly know the ropes.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered

I am here & if you need help / a quote please ask.

714-895-7050
[email protected]

Thanks,

Shawn AKA: Insurance God
Old 09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Insurance God
I am here & if you need help / a quote please ask.

714-895-7050
[email protected]

Thanks,

Shawn AKA: Insurance God
I will call you Tuesday a.m. thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Registered

Shawn, Trent will be giving you a call on a 47 Fountain....if you need boat info. for the quote ....feel free to email or call.

BBrasher
850-814-8515
[email protected]
Old 09-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

What kind of exposure do you have?? I'm in a very high risk business , lots of toys and I only have a 2 million personally. whip
johnny, to answer your question.

RE - rental, real, personal, business, F&R including equine coverage - death, liability, errors and omissions for engr, gas lease/acquisition, arms/hunting on F&R. Chubb has been good - in my case, the coverage goes up at an exponential rate to the cost so I am prob over-covered but its not a big add'l expense.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking to switch my current carrier. I have an 04 Cigarette 46'. Anyone able to quote, please give me a call or email for info. 812 208-4682 [email protected]

Thanks
Ron
Old 09-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThunderBoat38
Shawn, Trent will be giving you a call on a 47 Fountain....if you need boat info. for the quote ....feel free to email or call.

BBrasher
850-814-8515
[email protected]
Thanks for the referral (I tried to call you). I spoke to Trent (he seemed happy with my quote & service).
Old 09-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Insurance God
Thanks for the referral (I tried to call you). I spoke to Trent (he seemed happy with my quote & service).
I never received the quote after faxing my declaration pages...

Frank

Quick Reply: What happrned to Insurance God???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.