Notices

Credit Scores???

Old 09-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Credit Scores???

Originally Posted by dean51267
I do a LOT of money stuff with people, and credit scores are a common topic. The best answers I have heard are that credit scores are a FUTURE indicator of cash flow and character, this is why an inquiry is a negative, it looks like you will be reducing cash flow in the future.

once bills start being paid off it increases cash flow and the score comes back up. lots and lots of unused credit is a negative, such as credit cards with bizillion dollar limits but no activity, because it COULD reduce future cash flow.

One trick I learned from a commercial banker friend is that if you have one card maxed out, and one with no use, transfer 1/2 the balance to the unused card and them pay them both down equally. This step is good for 10 to 20 points. A maxed card is always a huge negative.

I would worry about the intrest rate on the 2nd card more than worring about the 10-20 pionts on my credit score.

When a person is above 800 does it really matter ?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't credit where your buddy lends you 100 and you barrow 50 from two others to pay the first back.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
that should count against you should be a prm inquiry and show that they checked your overall status for either credit line increses or credit line decreses

i have a form i would be glad to fax you i made it about 3 yrs ago and it can delete stuff off your credit works about 40% of the time it used to work about 85% of the time. let me know i can probably get that 30 day off and those inquiry off for you.
thanks mike
it shouldnt count against me if they do it randomly, if I were to ask for an increase then fine, but to just arbitrarily do it and hold it against me is wrong. All the forms have been filed and I'm still waiting for an answer.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

I have been saying(not doing ) this for years. With EVERYONE asking or needing your SS this days I think congress should pass a law that the only person that should EVER see your inquiries is you. I don't want to be shopping for a car and the dealer knows I have been to others. Same for boats, mortgages, everything. Inquiries should not penalize, and no one should know about them except the individual. All a bun ch of BS......
Old 09-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
I have been saying(not doing ) this for years. With EVERYONE asking or needing your SS this days I think congress should pass a law that the only person that should EVER see your inquiries is you. I don't want to be shopping for a car and the dealer knows I have been to others. Same for boats, mortgages, everything. Inquiries should not penalize, and no one should know about them except the individual. All a bun ch of BS......
I agree about not penalizing you, however I think they should show since it takes 30-60 days for a new account to make it to your credit report.

You would be amazed at how many people "forget" to list a new loan or car they got in the last month on their credit application or financial statement.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:03 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I used to be a broker. No, not many people above 800. We offered the best rates to people with 780 and above....that is really as good as it gets. 720 and above is great credit, and you shouldn't have any issues getting the best rates with that score. 680 - 720 is mid grade, where you might take a small ding. It really depends on the investor, product, and your payment history. You start out with great credit(i had a 798 when i first looked), but no payment history which is just as bad as a low credit score. We look for 1. good credit score 2.good payment history(no late payments, few lowest payment options 3. not too many CC, but a mortgage, and a car loan are +'s.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
it shouldnt count against me if they do it randomly, if I were to ask for an increase then fine, but to just arbitrarily do it and hold it against me is wrong. All the forms have been filed and I'm still waiting for an answer.
im sorry typo i meant it to say shouldnt.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
I used to be a broker. No, not many people above 800. We offered the best rates to people with 780 and above....that is really as good as it gets. 720 and above is great credit, and you shouldn't have any issues getting the best rates with that score. 680 - 720 is mid grade, where you might take a small ding. It really depends on the investor, product, and your payment history. You start out with great credit(i had a 798 when i first looked), but no payment history which is just as bad as a low credit score. We look for 1. good credit score 2.good payment history(no late payments, few lowest payment options 3. not too many CC, but a mortgage, and a car loan are +'s.

5 outta 7 of the lenders i deal with just lowered there A+ rates to 681 and up

Last edited by berns29scarab; 09-11-2006 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
that should count against you should be a prm inquiry and show that they checked your overall status for either credit line increses or credit line decreses

i have a form i would be glad to fax you i made it about 3 yrs ago and it can delete stuff off your credit works about 40% of the time it used to work about 85% of the time. let me know i can probably get that 30 day off and those inquiry off for you.
thanks mike

I'm in a somewhat similar situation to Offshoredrillin: Business pushed my score down, and now it's coming back up, but my bureau's are all over the place. 1 is 800, 1 is 760 another is 690. Go figure. Would love to see a copy of that form if you don't mind sharing.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by damdonzi
I'm in a somewhat similar situation to Offshoredrillin: Business pushed my score down, and now it's coming back up, but my bureau's are all over the place. 1 is 800, 1 is 760 another is 690. Go figure. Would love to see a copy of that form if you don't mind sharing.
here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
November 5.doc (20.5 KB, 281 views)

Quick Reply: Credit Scores???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.