Notices

Credit Scores???

Old 10-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Re: Credit Scores???

Originally Posted by Boomer35
if yu argue a past credit and it gets removed, can it later down the road re-appear on your credit again
Apparently.......
Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Just ran all 3 as I do at least once a year...guess what?

all of a sudden a 35K default (no doubt c/c consolidation...it was ChaseBank) of my *** and ******* x-wife of six+ years (she has previously bankrupt financially irresponsible slob 2nd husband who's name of course wasn't associated with the accnt) shows up on my Experian (only so far). I knew the chances of seeing some f'up like this was very possible after seeing her boat going down the road behind a rollback in June.

Pissed 'cause I've had all 3 scores hovering just either side of 800 for years...

I disputed it with the phone menu and 10 days later it's removed both online, and I got a new paper report in the mail with paper verification it was removed.

now I've got to watch for that to pop back up and other delinquent accounts I'm sure.

Last edited by Rippem; 10-11-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Apparently.......
apartment in college reported damage on my credit, wrong tenant, fixed immediately. bureau reported it about 10 more times in three years. kept saying they didnt know why it was showing up but i had to re-fax them paperwork ever time. obviously people answering the phone at the bureaus couldnt get a job at burger king and that was the next alternative... b.t.w. everybody i ever financed that did credit collections, had bad credit themselves. Ironic i always thought.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

just thought I would pass along a great resource (and mine sucks right now because of old mistakes )

creditboards.com
Old 10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast Rafe
who do you contact for a dispute??
if i have medical bills that have gone to a debt collector should i just pay them or pay who the bill was orginally for??
These guys really helped w/ all the crap that arose from my ex-wife. I highly recommend them.

www.lexingtonlaw.com
Old 10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered

I never did quite understand the whole credit game, I was 23 and never borrowed $$ for anything or even had a credit card so I decided I needed a loan to establish some credit. I went to my local bank and told them I wanted a loan to buy a new Harley V Rod. The girl at the bank told me that they wouldnt loan me the $$ becase I didnt have any credit. I had enough $$ on deposit to buy 5 of the fuking things and that didnt matter to them, nor did they care about the titles to both boats and my truck that I had in hand, all they wanted was to see a stupid little number on a computer screen.

So I leave pissed off went and paid cash for my bike and applied for a Visa card with a 1k limit.... about a year and a half later I had a beacon score of 670ish just from running that stupid card up to about $400 a month and paying off the balance each month. Two months after that I went back to the same bank and applied for a $200k morgage and they gave it to me without batting an eye.......WTF!?!?!?!

Its no wonder so many people theese days are going bankrupt they can borrow insane amounts of $$ just off borrowing a few bucks at a time.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
Just ran all 3 as I do at least once a year...guess what?

all of a sudden a 35K default (no doubt c/c consolidation...it was ChaseBank) of my *** and ******* x-wife of six+ years (she has previously bankrupt financially irresponsible slob 2nd husband who's name of course wasn't associated with the accnt) shows up on my Experian (only so far). I knew the chances of seeing some f'up like this was very possible after seeing her boat going down the road behind a rollback in June.

Pissed 'cause I've had all 3 scores hovering just either side of 800 for years...

I disputed it with the phone menu and 10 days later it's removed both online, and I got a new paper report in the mail with paper verification it was removed.

now I've got to watch for that to pop back up and other delinquent accounts I'm sure.

I swear on the golden lightning bolt that I did not forge you on as the co-signer on that deal. Most anything else was fair game to move the yellow Stepp craft. Well truth be known they are probably better off with it gone, in that it suffered from the soggy transom syndrome common to the breed. Odd that you got caught up in that melt down.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-24-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

I have not been able to get my score to increase much past the low 700's. At this point i think that the only thing I have working against me is the fact that I have alot of inquiries.
Does anyone know if these stay on my report for a certain amount of time? Can I get them removed? Suggestions?