Notices

insurance claims?

Old 05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance claims?

a couple three weeks ago,i went for a boat ride and ran over a submerged tug boat roap.,long story short it twisted the prop shaft,snaped the vertical drive shaft,and tried to spine the engine coupeler.i did not want to turn it in on insurance,but could not pocket the $$..8400.00.reman drive,engine coupler,labor.what do you folks think my insurance will be like next year?drop me,more $$.i have been with this company for 4 years,no claims,good points.thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

who's the insurance company????

I had a $6500 claim with State Farm and my rates never changed.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 PM

unless you have had a bunch of claims, it shouldn't hurt. I did pretty much the same thing with a $9000 bill, with Markel, and my rate went up $100 the next year, which was close to what it had been doing with no claims.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Gold Member

the insurance company is progressive.i have no problems with the company.they gave me points through-out the years for being a safe driver...no claims.its has been almost a month since this happend.havent heard nothing yet.they looked at it,got the quote.nothing has been fixed.is this the norm,or am i getting jerked?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

Duke is right. Rates or cancellation is tyically effected by the number of claims over a time period. The old addage is you probably wouldn't get cancelled for one $25,000 claim but would for five $4,000 claims. If you haven't had a lot of claims this shouldn't hurt you much if any. I'd turn it in.

Good Luck and sorry about the past luck
Old 05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
the insurance company is progressive.i have no problems with the company.they gave me points through-out the years for being a safe driver...no claims.its has been almost a month since this happend.havent heard nothing yet.they looked at it,got the quote.nothing has been fixed.is this the norm,or am i getting jerked?
I'd be on the phone every day till they agreed to send you a check or pay the shop.

BTW, ins claims are written for full retail merc prices. you could probably get a deal if you just bought a new drive here on OSO.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they usually cut the owner of the boat a check or an authorized Merc mechanic/shop?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Gold Member

it would be nice to get a check in the mail.....but i do not see it happing.just dont have that kind of luck.the drive is no problem as far as putting back on,its just the engine coupler and the labor,or time do it.we"ll see.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

progressive is direct replacement cost... on 99.99% of all their policies and it is faster to float the $$$ on a visa or other credit card and then have the insurance get proof of repair and total bill and then they will issue a check for the total and since you have the reciepts to show you paid you get the check in your name, if they pay the shop to do it it comes to you AND the repair shop..
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I would be calling the adjuster everyday after the first week. As far as the check. I would tell them you are going to look for a better drive that will more expens and that you have not decided on a shop yet.

Quick Reply: insurance claims?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.