Any One Have Geico Insurance >

Any One Have Geico Insurance

Notices

Any One Have Geico Insurance

Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any One Have Geico Insurance

Has any one tried them for a go fast baot?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Didn't even know they did boat insurance.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:21 PM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

I heard they was doing boat insurance now and called and they gave me a quote and was like danm they gave me a quote of 4200.00 with 6% deductible on a 125,000 boat. So I told them thanks but no thanks I am in the gulf coat region I pay 3200.00 now with a 2% deductible so I am staying with them.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered

I called them up yesterday and they said they are not writing any more performance boats? I asked why are they sponsoring a race boat then and the Guy said he had no idea?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a friend of mine that owns a body shop and he complains about them all the time. they do whatever it takes NOT to use OEM parts...everything either comes from junkyard or after market parts houses
Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

Default Geico Boat Insurance

They only provide auto and now renters insurance (here in NY anyway). They formed an insurance agency called "Insurance Councelors Inc" to provide other forms of insurance with alternative carriers. Boat insurance is farmed out to SkiSafe who in turn writes the policy with a marine insurance company. Insurance Councelors receives a small commission on these. For those GEICO shoppers/customers, don't be misled by their advertising. Who do you think pays for the 24/7 customer service and the $300 + million dollar advertising campaign? If you really want to save $$ and more importantly get good coverage and service shop a large independent insurance agency and bundle all of your coverages with the same carrier.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

I've got my autos covered with Geico, been with them for almost 20 years now. I have made 2 claims on my insurance, one a deer hit it, another a tractor trailer hit my truck and moved it 8 foot, completely killed one side of it. The parts were ordered directly from Dodge, no one else had the bumper covers, the estimate my body shop wrote was actually lower than the estimate the Geico adjuster figured, and he paid it on his estimate, which was about a grand more, cut me and the body shop a check and I made out good.....didn't have a deductible to pay at all. When I creamed the deer on my shelby, they used all OEM parts as well......saw them when they were removed from the box. The repair work is also guaranteed for life, how many other insurance agencies will do that?? And I haven't had a cheaper quote from any others out there, believe you me, I have looked.

For my boat insurance I used my cousin's office and went with Nationwide, I don't know if it was wrote directly thru them or another firm, but it is pretty reasonable. I only insured it for what I owed on it, about half of book value, but did insure it good on personal damage and the property damage, personal injury and stuff like that, the trailer is also covered. I believe it costs me about $450 a year........I hope to never make a claim on it, but in today's world you must have insurance. I'd never get on a boat without it now. Tooooo many fools out there.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
i have a friend of mine that owns a body shop and he complains about them all the time. they do whatever it takes NOT to use OEM parts...everything either comes from junkyard or after market parts houses

and allstate...they just love that LKQ or cetifit chinese junk..then ,when it comes time for a supplement ,the job will sit there 3 or 4 days while customer is in a rental...go figure , if they just use oem from the start , job would be out the door..

M-C , sometimes they will go with oem parts if the car is new , but if over a year, LKQ ,cetifit or whatever is cheap..

funny they can sponser a mega bucks race boat ...

btw , i hate their commercials....
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

the gecko commercials are cool but the caveman is stupid
Old 09-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

That caveman stuff is out there, agreed....

Quick Reply: Any One Have Geico Insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.