Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
Another unhappy progressive customer... >

Another unhappy progressive customer...

Notices

Another unhappy progressive customer...

Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OR buy yourself a couple of spare HP500 spark arrestor lids!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

I do't know if that is good advice - jack ass!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered

HA! I just figured I'd drop by and say howdy! By the way, check the pantera section. My new stock 420 is running great!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
OR buy yourself a couple of spare HP500 spark arrestor lids!
Take a couple plugs out.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just what I need to see here.
I'm dealing with Progressive right now for my car/boat accident, due to a trailer tire blow. (11/7/07) Boat/truck flipped. I will let everyone know how it will turn out. Car insurance dudes, already giving me problems. Anyone with a good bulldog style attorney? I might need one. The broker (name will be withheld for now) I dealed with never told me that it was Progressive who was the actual underwriter and ins. Co.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Just what I need to see here.
I'm dealing with Progressive right now for my car/boat accident, due to a trailer tire blow. (11/7/07) Boat/truck flipped. I will let everyone know how it will turn out. Car insurance dudes, already giving me problems. Anyone with a good bulldog style attorney? I might need one. The broker (name will be withheld for now) I dealed with never told me that it was Progressive who was the actual underwriter and ins. Co.
Ouch! Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots have said how low thier Progressive Ins is. SO MUCH lower than Worldwide Ins or Total Dollar Ins (Sy).

Now you know why, you have bargain basement Ins and get what you pay for as a result.

I hope the best for those that are dealing w/ issues now, but when it is renewal time, go with proven insurance. We all don't like to pay for it, but are real glad that when the time comes, a good Ins co will be there.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Registered

been talking with Bob at worldwide this week, great guy to talk with and he knows his insurance! was thinking of trying to keep my state farm policy, but like Billr said you get what you pay for, don't mind that for sporting event tickets or beer but definitely not insurance!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Update with Progressive.
So far no major problems. They are still working on the numbers and estimate, but they didn't give me any slack yet.
Actually had several calls from them discussing the situation.
So far.... ok. but it's not over yet. They are willing to fix the boat, right, but the final decision has not been reached yet.
I will ask some input from OSO regarding my options once I know what they are.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Paradox, were in FL are you?

I used to be an adjuster for Progressive.

What can I say I was a rockstar, I led the region in CSI (customer service index) I cared about my customers, almost got the can twice over fighting for the customer, hell the one was an illegal Mexican even

But at that same token, the girl that sat next to me was a hanous *****, and if her personal life was not 110% perfect she took it out on all her customers.

Everyday it was a **** storm in our office dealing with her irate customers, she would just instigate the hell out of them.

And the talk about aftermarket parts vs new parts, man it is in the policy plain and clear. I grew up around insurance, so I have always understood the "understand what your buying" mentality.

Let me tell you this much, progressive adjusters are better enabled to help you than any other company. They are usually local, and mobile.

My office was in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. One afternoon I got a scene loss (meaning live accident) Our customer rearended a couple from Alabama. Our customer was in a late model cougar, and the claimant was in a new Jeep liberty. I took the basic info on the phone, hopped in the IRV and booked it to Navarre, beat the FHP and Okaloosa Sheriff. Both cars were in the median of HWY 98, not a real pleasant road to be on at 5:30 PM.

Our car was non drivable, the girl had rental on her policy. I called Navarre paint and body, got them to come down with a roll back to get her car, and with her rental car on the roll back.

I wrote the estimate for the liberty right there, cut a check, and the girl was on her way. Im sorry but that is service, and I have more than just a few stories like that.

But I was a hustler and I am a hugely empathetic person and I understand what customer retention means.

I would walk in knowing everyday that I was going to talk to at least three people having a MUCH worse day than I, that is how I kept my head high. Other reps acted like cops that had been on the beat for 20 years, just sad worn out people.

Like I said, the company enables the people, just there are bad apples in every organization.

Fire and theft claims I will tell you, unless it is beyond obvious, you have perfect credit, low debt, and no odd things happening in your life it will take a while to settle. They investigate the hell out of them, and I think the real reason is that most of the fire theft people are ex cops, and they get off on nailing people to the wall. That is the bragging rights they have within the organization.

Last edited by Dblvanos; 11-16-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Another unhappy progressive customer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.