financing with stated income or no documentation

Notices

financing with stated income or no documentation

Old 11-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
10 year interest only then converted to a 15 year fixed rate loan.
On a boat???

No thank you....you'll be upside down in that loan/boat faster than you can drive away from the showroom floor.

Friend of mine did something like that with a Formula PC...he couldn't sell the boat without forking over tons of cash....he lost his down payment and still had to pay like $10K to get out from under the boat 5 yrs later.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How does one have "undocumented income"? Garage sale proceeds? We used to call that "beer money".

I would think if it's undocumented, i.e., not shown on your federal tax return, why would a lender consider it income. What am I missing?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just speaking from my own experience, NO doc usually includes people that get 1099'd. Like my business, where there are dozens of different "expenses" that add up to a whole lot of money coming off my income. Looking at my tax returns makes me look like a poor fella. Most of us probably have trucks, cars, equipment that is owned by business(s) and make up part of our "income".

At least, that is why I have the need for low and no document loans.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
How does one have "undocumented income"? Garage sale proceeds? We used to call that "beer money".

I would think if it's undocumented, i.e., not shown on your federal tax return, why would a lender consider it income. What am I missing?
soo because my employer chooses to give me my bonus's and commisions in cash (more then half my income) i should not be able to finance a boat?
it happens in the mortgage world every day , i'm as patriotic as the next guy but for some reason our government chooses to tax extra income(bonus's and commisions) at about 35 percent. i think its a little steep and my employer does too
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Like, as in, my 2 vehicles, one truck one beater Honda. Both of them are written off (interest on loans, maintenance, fuel) So, at some point I am not paying for my ride, on the other hand, it is still coming directly off of taxable income in the way of a business expense.
Home office the same thing, it helps the heat bill, electric, taxes, maintenance, etc.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 PM

So then what you're saying is that "undocumented income" is a polite euphamism for "felony tax evasion"?

No wonder the mortgage industry is dragging our economy down.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
soo because my employer chooses to give me my bonus's and commisions in cash (more then half my income) i should not be able to finance a boat?
it happens in the mortgage world every day , i'm as patriotic as the next guy but for some reason our government chooses to tax extra income(bonus's and commisions) at about 35 percent. i think its a little steep and my employer does too
at the end of the year you get that back.

Not paying taxes is why I won't have social security when I retire.

Can't get a loan because you can't show the paper, go see someone in the mafia....
Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes I can't believe what is talked about on here its a good thing no one from the IRS has a fast boat.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Sometimes I can't believe what is talked about on here its a good thing no one from the IRS has a fast boat.
They don't need to look at Internet forums to find this sort of stuff out. I've known more than a few "smarter-that-they-are" guys that got clipped. They have their ways. Filing a fraudulent tax return is serious stuff. Getting a couple of questionable deductions bounced from your return might cost you taxes & interest- maybe a penalty. Hiding more than 1/2 your income is a different story. I can't understand why the employer would do that anyway- unless the money came to him under the table as well. Unless I miss my guess, that makes it a criminal conspiracy- even worse.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Panther

Not paying taxes is why I won't have social security when I retire.
Is that really why? I thought it's because the vault had already been robbed

Quick Reply: financing with stated income or no documentation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.