Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
How Could This Be (State Farm Quote) >

How Could This Be (State Farm Quote)

Notices

How Could This Be (State Farm Quote)

Old 03-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

State Farm called me today and gave me a rate of $1,250.00/year for my 2005 382, 525's with trailer. No layup, no restrictions on lakes. She's emailing me the specifics today.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered

Believe or not, I have my 28 Sunsation insured thru Boat US. I had a claim 3 yrs ago when someone stole my XR outdrive. I had no problems settling the claim. The paid all but $1,000 to replace it.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Griff
Vonbongo, you need a better agent. Either that or Fountain is automatically on the Block list just like Cig.
Cig is not on the block, SF insures my Cig and this thread got me to thinking. I called my agent and made sure everything is up to snuff. Agreed upon value, they have tons of pics of the boat, current survey and details of the engines.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
Same thing happened to me they insure my Cig but hwen it hit underwritting they cancelled it then cancelled my umbrella due to not having all of my insurance with them.

They lost my buisness insurance, home insurance, 3 cars, 2 bikes and umbrella policy but I had no choice .
It is just baffling how SF seems to be all over the board on what they will and will not cover. Omerta's TG with 700's is a striking example! I have all my other policies with them, but my agent claimed underwriting would not write my PQ 340, and now my AT 37.

They are well aware of the AT because they requested a current proof of insurance when I recently increased my umbrella. Thank goodness they didn't cancel that because they are one of the few that would even offer insurance on my oceanfront house.

That's for sale BTW, in the real estate classifieds here.

Last edited by Macklin; 03-16-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by srl520
I did find it ironic although, that underwriting did ask my agent if the boat was a Quote "cigar or cigarette" type of boat. I did explain to the agent that it was not a "Cigarette Boat" but was in the class of performance boats.
When I bought my 1990 Cigarette Bullet, I went to SF. As soon as I said "Cigarette Boat", they said NO. They wouldn't even talk about it. I was shocked!

I went with BobLuellen at www.worldwidemarineins.com. $1300/year. Good people.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had SF for home/auto for almost 15 years. Switched over both to AAA about a year ago as SF's rates had become "non-competitive". When I bought my 32 Sunsation back in the fall, I went back to my old agent to see if he wanted to steal some business back.

He was ecstatic until he figured out the Sunny was a go-fast. I told him it doesn't go THAT fast...it only has 7.4's for power. He couldn't hang up the phone fast enough.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default State Farm

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
I had SF for home/auto for almost 15 years. Switched over both to AAA about a year ago as SF's rates had become "non-competitive". When I bought my 32 Sunsation back in the fall, I went back to my old agent to see if he wanted to steal some business back.

He was ecstatic until he figured out the Sunny was a go-fast. I told him it doesn't go THAT fast...it only has 7.4's for power. He couldn't hang up the phone fast enough.
When I bought my 88 Bullet [my first boat] in November, State Farm was the ONLY insurer that would cover me! Cig was either on the block list or the boat was too old, or I didnt meet the experience requirement for the big time boat insurers. I almost didnt get the boat, but I pay arould $1600 a year for the coverage, Im hoping to shop the insurance in around a year and see if I can beat that.