Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMaker
FYI - Best annual quotes so far....

Markel $2250
Foremost (Farmers) $895

still working on Financing

CheckedOut....I cant PM but feel free to email me at [email protected]
Wow, that Farmers number seems very low, I've heard of some agents giving a good rate, but then the underwriters flat out rejecting the boat. So, I wouldn't count on that number I guess but hope you can get it.

Was that Markel number after taking the Tres course?

Thanks for the update.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Wow, that Farmers number seems very low, I've heard of some agents giving a good rate, but then the underwriters flat out rejecting the boat. So, I wouldn't count on that number I guess but hope you can get it.

Was that Markel number after taking the Tres course?

Thanks for the update.
No problem. Yeah the Farmers one seems to good to be true. The only reason I have some hope is that that number was quoted to me from a insurance agency that advertises on here and specializes in performance boats.

As a matter of fact, the agent I spoke to that gave me the Markel quote did not ask about Tres course so maybe it would still qualify for that additional 10% off.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

No problem. Yeah the Farmers one seems to good to be true. The only reason I have some hope is that that number was quoted to me from a insurance agency that advertises on here and specializes in performance boats.

As a matter of fact, the agent I spoke to that gave me the Markel quote did not ask about Tres course so maybe it would still qualify for that additional 10% off.
Would you mind telling me who you spoke too? It sounds like there is some hope for that Farmers number if the agent deals with fast boats regularly.

Your numbers are within reason, whereas I was beginning to write off a real cat all together and only look at decks.

I think it shouldn't be impossible for us to insure a 26 ft cat with an HO.

Although I'd like to take the Tres course, value wise it would take a long time to pay back at 10% of that rate. That course is nothing for a new MTI, Skater, etc buyer, but quite pricey to those buying $70K used cats I think. I wish there was a shorter, cheaper course for sub-100 mph boats.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Would you mind telling me who you spoke too? It sounds like there is some hope for that Farmers number if the agent deals with fast boats regularly.

Your numbers are within reason, whereas I was beginning to write off a real cat all together and only look at decks.

I think it shouldn't be impossible for us to insure a 26 ft cat with an HO.

Although I'd like to take the Tres course, value wise it would take a long time to pay back at 10% of that rate. That course is nothing for a new MTI, Skater, etc buyer, but quite pricey to those buying $70K used cats I think. I wish there was a shorter, cheaper course for sub-100 mph boats.
Agreed on Tres course. Although I am still considering taking the course, I do wish there was a more basic one day course for less exotic boats at a more reasonable cost.

The Markel quote was from OSO member InsuranceGod (Empowermarine)
The Farmers quote was from Wozencraft

I did speak with Key bank this morning and was quoted 8.25% for 15 years on $50k which will be about $500 a month. Im gonna give Newcoast a shot next....

Last edited by BeerMaker; 05-15-2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: update information
Old 05-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

Agreed on Tres course. Although I am still considering taking the course, I do wish there was a more basic one day course for less exotic boats at a more reasonable cost.

I did speak with Key bank this morning and was quoted 8.25% for 15 years on $50k which will be about $500 a month. Im gonna give Newcoast a shot next....
Thanks for the tips on insurance. Will your boat be in Az, which is why you got the great Farmers quote? I think there's at least one company that only gives good cat insurance in Az but I don't know who it is.

That key bank rate seems pretty high for your good credit. Maybe all the rates I've seen just searching online though are for new boats, as they've been around 7%, but I haven't made any calls as I'm waiting on an upcoming "career change" to know what my budget is. Good luck getting a good rate, as it seems you have some real good leads for insurance.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered

Give Berks Insurance a call 1-888-785-boat(2628)
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Registered

I will be there June 2-3 if your interested.