Another loan dilhema...... >

Another loan dilhema......

Notices

Another loan dilhema......

Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
I just bought my new boat as well, and I had the same run around from the big lenders since the boat i bought was a bank owned boat, so I got sick of there BS and went to my credit union whom I have done business with for many years and had it approved in under 30 minutes, great rates and much better to deal with. Go to a local lender and stay away from the B.S.
I agree, but it seems everything is case by case for some reason. If you "show" and truely are low risk, lending is normal.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I agree, but it seems everything is case by case for some reason. If you "show" and truely are low risk, lending is normal.
Completely disagree, I am low risk, Great income, perfect credit, and low debt to income, have owned 6 High performance boats in the past, plus other toys and I am having a very hard time!!! Most High performance boat owner are self employed, and banks dont like that!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

If you are self employeed I would recomend using your regular lender you do business with, relationship is everything these days.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are self employeed I would recomend using your regular lender you do business with, relationship is everything these days.
My regular lender of 9 years does not have the money to give on High Performance boats right now, I guess!!!! but they did give me a great 4.2% fixed mortgauge in Jan.!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:20 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Appearantly everyone.....we should all only pay cash, because some random internet guy told us its the "best" way.
Just seems like a small amount of money to finance for 15 years. I'm a business owner also and know the benefits but it's also a "toy". To me "toy" means cash.

I know of a local bank that has worked with a few of my friends and the loan was hard to get but they got them. If you want the info send me a pm.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
CLA
Registered

I agree.....atleast get them to help you find a loan.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
Just seems like a small amount of money to finance for 15 years. I'm a business owner also and know the benefits but it's also a "toy". To me "toy" means cash.

I know of a local bank that has worked with a few of my friends and the loan was hard to get but they got them. If you want the info send me a pm.
If you buy right and with the right amount down you won't be upside down, so if you don't have the cash it isn't too harmful, considering the whole proposition is a waste of money. Arguing what the "right" way to spend money on a boat is kind of pointless.

For someone like me, I'd love to pay cash, but have only been working for 3 years, and have a pretty damn good salary, but not a pile of cash for obvious reasons. Maybe if I hadn't bought a house it'd be an option, but it definitely isn't now, and I value the boat enough now to pay the interest. How many people look back and say, "man I hated having that boat when I was 28 and single, it would have been a lot cooler to have 10 years later and paid cash".
Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 PM
CLA
Registered

If you buy right and with the right amount down you won't be upside down, so if you don't have the cash it isn't too harmful, considering the whole proposition is a waste of money. Arguing what the "right" way to spend money on a boat is kind of pointless.

For someone like me, I'd love to pay cash, but have only been working for 3 years, and have a pretty damn good salary, but not a pile of cash for obvious reasons. Maybe if I hadn't bought a house it'd be an option, but it definitely isn't now, and I value the boat enough now to pay the interest. How many people look back and say, "man I hated having that boat when I was 28 and single, it would have been a lot cooler to have 10 years later and paid cash".

I hear ya man. I'm only 27 years old and paying this cat insurance sucks. I bought my first boat at 22 (19 Liberator with a 2.5 Merc) and had a loan.

Looks like you got stuff figured out.......Just throwing my 2cents in.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
I hear ya man. I'm only 27 years old and paying this cat insurance sucks. I bought my first boat at 22 (19 Liberator with a 2.5 Merc) and had a loan.

Looks like you got stuff figured out.......Just throwing my 2cents in.
Haha, you're lucky you could even get cat insurance. I'd like to have that option, but am too young and don't have the cat insurance. I'm not sure how you get that experience to get the insurance to get the experience.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Haha, you're lucky you could even get cat insurance. I'd like to have that option, but am too young and don't have the cat insurance. I'm not sure how you get that experience to get the insurance to get the experience.

You pretty much have to start out with a single engine cat capable of less than 85mph and work your way up.

Quick Reply: Another loan dilhema......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.