Notices

Just Dropped Markell

Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Dropped Markell

NO MORE MARKELL FOR ME. TO MANY PROBLEMS TO MANY EXCUSES. Very simple have a few small boats comp ski boats,bass boat and a 340 searay sundancer. my son was driving the comp ski boat to the ramp to pull it for the winter, He hit the bottom, prop is bent to hell, so is rudder,strut and shaft. boat has some stress cracks in get coat around strut folding. the boat is a 08 malibu v-drive. i called markell. explained what happend. i get 3 estimates 1 from dealer, and 1 from a independent shop and one from a local ski boat dealer that does not sell malibu. they all come in about 3-450 dollars of each other. I get a phone call from a adjuster he wants to look at the boat. he comes and look at the boat and sees the damage, ask who was driving boat, and i said my son. he said he wants to talk to him and i said why. he said because he needs to. my son calls him a day later. tells him what happen. get a letter in the mail a few days later. INCIDENT IS NOTBEING COVERED. wtf. reason not being covered, i was not in boat. my son is 17 lives at home, has his boaters safety card and our so called boat drivers license from our state. sense i live on the lake and my son lives at home, its being covered by homeowners. but what the hell. its
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Registered

Ins companies will do anything to deny a claim.....i dont think there is any company that will insure HP boats that doesnt suck......
Old 10-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear this, but it doesn't surprise me

More important than what IS covered, is what ISN'T!
Check out the exclusions and limitations.

I see this daily in my business

:cuqui:
They'll spend as much or more trying to squirm out of a claim than it would have cost them to pay it in the first place!
Now, I don't "hate" insurance companies, nor do I wish to deny a company the ability to turn a profit; however, when you're in the "RISK" business, you should be prepared to pony up when necessary.
Again, in my business, I see a lot of fraud

This causes the rates to go up for everyone.

Insurance companies are becoming more and more aggressive in thier examination of claims. Part of that is a direct result of the fraud in the industry.

Then again, when an insurance company refuses to pay a legitimate claim, or tries to nickle and dime the insured over the claim, well, that's just scum!

And remember, insurance companies are in it for themselves. Be it auto, home, boat, health....they're all essentially the same. A necessary evil

I'm not going to lump all insurance people in the same category. I happen to have some pretty good folks for my auto insurance. But I didn't go through a local agent either. I went straight to the company.

Most locals I've encountered over the years, are one step above or below (depending on your outlook) a used car salesman. They'll tell you what you want to hear and disclose only the negative parts that are required to be disclosed.

As for the adjuster,
"Because I want to" may be the "legal" answer," but it's not what should be said when a customer asks "why?"

As the father and policy holder, I'm going to ask why. You better have some answer besides some flippant remark, or I'll show you to the deep end of the boatramp

He has rights and responsibilities to the company and I realize that.
I also know in the auto insurance world, at least here in Fla., you're required to work with your company in thier "investigation" of a claim. That would include making your son available for an interview. But you don't have to be a dick about it.

I as a policy holder, I asked the adjuster why (since your son is under 18), I'd expect a more polite and respectful answer than "because I want to!"

Bottom line:
Review your documents.
If it should have been covered, make another claim.
If they refuse to cover it, sue them, along with that arrogant POS adjuster, for bad faith!

If not, then consider it a valuable lesson learned....read the fine print!

Dropping them works too, but doesn't set precedent, and does nothing to help the next guy.

Last edited by SAR skipper; 10-24-2010 at 07:02 AM.