Notices

Contacts to finance

Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
You don't have to be a member to use USAA bank, I just used them on a 1999.
I have heard that but havent talked to anybody that has gone that route. I think though the rates/terms are probably not quite as good as member rates. But knowing USAA the rates are probably still pretty good.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bam78bam
I fully agree. I have 100% and can free up 50%. I want to put chunks down, so next years bonus 3-5k would go straight there. As well as any overtime. I want to make sure if something financially happens I have some options. I'm fully willing to take a loss if needed but don't think that would be a problem because I don't have credit cards or a car payment. Just student loans, home with equity, and then a soon to be boat.
Im ok with taking a loss to if push came to shove, but I I would hate to take a loss and come to the table with cash just to get rid of the payment.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

My local CU did 100% at 15yrs with a 4.9% for my boat this past June. It was a no brainer as the interest rates were less than the big banks and I didn't have to pull out of my pocket for the down payment. With the interest rate I locked into it offset the monthly savings from the down payment anyways.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I have heard that but havent talked to anybody that has gone that route. I think though the rates/terms are probably not quite as good as member rates. But knowing USAA the rates are probably still pretty good.
I asked and was told no I could not get a loan. Could only use them for checking, savings, and credit card. It also wouldn't let me even fill out a loan app.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Essex credit did my Nordic. 5.35% for Costco members. Pain in the ass but you can make it happen. They will do all the way out to 20 years on High performance.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I asked and was told no I could not get a loan. Could only use them for checking, savings, and credit card. It also wouldn't let me even fill out a loan app.
yeah I dont I have heard of people getting loans without being members but My dad tried getting a loan and insurance and they wouldnt let him. I dont think letting non-member get loans and such is a given.