Notices

Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage

Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage

I have a progressive boat policy.

All I ever hear on various boating forums is that they never cover legitimate claims.

Can people chime in of they have covered a legit claim?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother had two legitimate claims. The first was drawn out and he lost a season just to get pennies on the dollar for what it took to fix, marina and Progressive went back and forth and finally settled. The second was another debacle and he lost time again just to say fuk it and pay out of pocket. Then found new insurance...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default coverage

I'm just stuck wondering what I'm paying for? I don't owe any money on it, so its not mandated by a lender. But if I rip a drive off I don't want to be stuck paying out of pocket.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

i had them for a mouth on my new boat. i payed for 4 months and after one they sent a me a check and a termination notice. fu ck them people. i have wake zone now and couldnt be happy'er call stacy she is the best.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I've never had them....about 7 years ago I watched a buddy with a 89 38 Fountain fight them for 2 years. Boat was totalled in a storage warehouse fire while he was out of town, they caught the teenagers who set it. 2 years later he settle for 80 cents on the dollar so he could finally get another boat.

Apparently he had the boat insured for $80K. It was on a new manning trailer, boat had new paint, new cockpit interior, almost new 500EFI's, #4 speedmasters and trannies (boat previously had 900hp motors). They claimed it was worth 1989 "book" value. He finally accepted about $65k.

He has another boat and pays more than a progressive quote he got....cause it's not worth the risk of dealing with them.

However: I have read stories where they did pay out.......I just think those are the minority, not majority.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I switched to foremost, I have a great local (Newark) agent that carries them. PM me if you want a phone number. Saved me money and increased my coverage at the same time.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

I deal with Progressive weekly on auto claims and couldn't be happier. Not so much on marine. There are people here that will tell you they are happy but I know of no one personally that didn't get jacked around. It is hard enough to get insurance for a fast boat at a decent premium as it is. I am with Wakezone. They know what it is, what it has in it and what it runs. Unless there is a catostrophic event or it sinks I will never make a claim.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

I think it depends more on your agent than anything and the policy you have. I had an agreed value policy with Progressive, same thing now with Foremost. No claims with Progressive but the price was pretty good.

I bought some tabs off a guy that launched his boat off the trailer into the woods. Progressive paid out and even found him a similar make/model boat that was for sale and worked out the deal for him from what I recall. He bought the wrecked boat back and parted it out, made out pretty good on it.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i personally saw 3 claims at the marina i stay at .all covered by progressive all over 15.000 in damage no issues on payment at all . i personally fixed 2 of the 3 boats .all got their cks in a week .if damage claim is under 10.000 they write the ck on the spot
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

Had Progressive years ago. My boat was stolen and it was a nightmare to get claim settled. All total it cost me over $l5,000 to end my claim.

I would not insure my LAWNMOWER with Progressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.