Notices

Financing

Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing

Can anyone recommend some good places for financing? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a good rate through key bank. 12 year old boat loan was for 60k and 0 down.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

USAA was awesome and easy!! No survey req'd, no Proof of ins needed prior to closing.. I did get survey but all they said was it had to book out. 39k on a 15 yr old boat no money down req'd either.

Have to be member (military) and i have 800+ credit score. So i don't know how much that was a factor... but I had check next day shipped to me!!!

forgot to mention.. $35k+ was 5.49% (with ACH discount of .25% deducted) with terms up to 180 mths and less than $35k was 5.99% on 120 month terms or less

Last edited by nailit; 04-29-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key Bank just got a loan for my new boat 5.5% interest
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
USAA was awesome and easy!! No survey req'd, no Proof of ins needed prior to closing.. I did get survey but all they said was it had to book out. 39k on a 15 yr old boat no money down req'd either.

Have to be member (military) and i have 800+ credit score. So i don't know how much that was a factor... but I had check next day shipped to me!!!
+1 but you have to be a member. There rates are usually the best and if not comparable.

But ease of use with these guys on anythin is incredible, no hassle, no, issues, if I wanted to buy a boat, car, etc. The check would be in my hands tomorrow.

Penfed is another military affiliated bank, Im not sure if they require you to be a vet, but there rates are usually lower than USAA on lots of things, but their ace pain is much higher.

In order to be a usaa member you had to be a vet or the child of a vet. parents of vets can get certain privelages but not as many.