Getting approved after bankruptcy >

Getting approved after bankruptcy

Notices

Getting approved after bankruptcy

Old 06-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Getting approved after bankruptcy

Looking to get financed after a Chapter 7 over 3 years old perfect credit since have even gotten financed on a house. Who can help with reasonable rates and not needing a down payment big enough to buy a nice used boat?
Old 06-26-2015, 04:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuff one. Last I heard Bankruptcy stays on your credit report for 10 years. Might try a Credit Union.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

No experience but buying a house or car SHOULD be easier than buying a boat. Let's face it, for people who get into financial trouble, a boat is likely the FIRST thing they stop making payments on and a house/car is likely one of the LAST things they stop making payments on. Even for those with perfect credit (mine's over 800) interest rates are higher than what I find on homes. (Although I haven't had a boat payment in nearly 15 years)
Old 06-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
Looking to get financed after a Chapter 7 over 3 years old perfect credit since have even gotten financed on a house. Who can help with reasonable rates and not needing a down payment big enough to buy a nice used boat?
Not going to happen unless you put a ton of cash down...just reality. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
No experience but buying a house or car SHOULD be easier than buying a boat. Let's face it, for people who get into financial trouble, a boat is likely the FIRST thing they stop making payments on and a house/car is likely one of the LAST things they stop making payments on. Even for those with perfect credit (mine's over 800) interest rates are higher than what I find on homes. (Although I haven't had a boat payment in nearly 15 years)
Actually the house was supposed to be impossible at least that fast, so where there is a will there is a way.
It was a rough few years divorce, etc. But you rebound start over, etc.
That is why I figured I would check here I know that some lenders hang on this board as well. I guess we will see.
Thanks for the comments so far.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your current FICO scores on TU, EX and EQ?
Income?
DTI ratio?

If you have decent scores, a good income and a low DTI, you should be able to find financing relatively easily.

As mentioned, get with a credit union....they are much more personable....I wouldn't deal with a TBTF bank. (Too big too fail)

If you don't know your FICO scores, go here....https://www.myfico.com/Member_Home.aspx
I believe they have a trial membership for a $1, then cancel within 7 days if you like...no more charges to your credit card.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

High 600's on FICO not in the 700's because of the 7,
Income in the $200's
Almost no DTI considering

Most CU's around here don't do boats, but I will keep looking. Any lenders on here walk that line?
Old 06-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Registered

Might want to consider owner financing with a lot of money down to offset risk.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RBeyer
High 600's on FICO not in the 700's because of the 7,
Income in the $200's
Almost no DTI considering

Most CU's around here don't do boats, but I will keep looking. Any lenders on here walk that line?
Do you have a military background? Or a family member? NFCU, Penfed are cu's that only cater to military people, past and present.

DCU has great boat loan rates. Also 3 Rivers FCU in nirthern Indiana, is a great cu.

You dont have to have a local cu in order to finance you. I belong to DCU based in Maryland (or MA) and i live in Ohio.

Hard to imagine no cu 's in the big city of chicago dont finance boats, especially with the lake? That cant be the situation.

Id call every cu you can today, local and across the country, and simply ask them about boat financing and tell them your situation. Ill bet youll get several, "sure, it shouldnt be a problem."
Old 06-27-2015, 05:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Cash down... Reasonable boat price..start small , pay perfect develop relationship, move up 2 yrs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.