Who has used Progressive >

Who has used Progressive

Notices

Who has used Progressive

Old 10-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I deal with them thru out the summer months all the freakin time. They are tight cheap azzes when the boat owner has a claim. Can not stand working with them on customer claims boats. I would not use them - They find every excuse to try not make the claim work for payment out their pockets and or allow for the cheapest fix plus think they are supposed to get away with it. Actually I hope they stayed out of the boat end from my view point. Waste my time all the time and get ZERO pay for it.
Same with Autos and everything else. What do you expect from a company called "Progressive".
Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them for my motorcycle and boat. Had them for years and they are every efficient at collecting $$. Luckily never had to use them so can't say beyond that . ����
Old 10-07-2016, 06:21 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by happy hours
I have them for my motorcycle and boat. Had them for years and they are every efficient at collecting $$. Luckily never had to use them so can't say beyond that . ����
Don't worry. If you have a claim, collecting from them won't be a problem.......it will be IMPOSSIBLE!
Old 10-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I have had Progressive for 10 yrs. Had a claim for fiberglass repair after some assclown in a ski boat pushed through a no wake zone making a surf wake, which slammed my boat into my buddies boat I was rafted up to. Progressive was very easy to deal with. Tried to low ball me at first but the rep met with my fiberglass shop and agreed to pay his estimate. It was very fast and easy.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

i would not suggest it. have had issues with a couple different high performance boat claims over the last couple years for clients of mine
Old 10-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I started a claim with Progressive once. They wanted to repair with used parts! I cancelled the claim and paid out of pocket.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

They suck and I doubt they will insure a carbon fiber boat with any kind of speed and hp since they refuse to underwrite anything with over 500hp per side and over 75 mph. Had them on my Baja for 16 years, it had waaaaay more hp than they would insure, just told them it had 490 hp with thought that if my barn burned down , blew over or it fell off the trailer I would hopefully have some coverage, even if I had to tear supercharger off it before calling them(no one was willing to insure that boat for length vs hp at any sane amount so spare me the speech on insurance fraud/claims denial etc). I also had to have insurance to satisfy my Credit union when boat still had a note on it and paying 4500$ a year for it to be insured right was out of the question. Never had a claim in 16 years, bought 33 scarab AVS with 500 efis, they gladly added it to my policy so I had both boats insured while I was storing Baja and returning it to stock to sell this summer. After 9 months of insurance on Scarab and Baja they sent me a letter in June saying under writing dropped my Scarab due to "hull design" and "hull exceeds limit of underwriter" so my full coverage on Scarab went from 600$ a year to $1750 for the 3 months or so I use it. There was a well known accident in Iowa involving a 33 avs that killed the driver in the 60mph range (rolled and ejected) and Im sure that data comes up when they look at any hull, fwiw, Smitty
Old 10-07-2016, 02:59 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I will add everytime an Mercruiser Alpha outdrive is involved for a claim - They pay for an SEI replacement only. A replacement OEM Merc Alpha outdive, I can not even buy one at dealer cost even close to what SEI sells an Alpha outdrive retail for. Just saying but that's how they take care of their boat customers with claims.

They internet shop prices and new parts as well for their claims. With that said. new parts sitting on the ebay or net shelf could be a 10 year old new part. Great I can sell 10 year new parts as well way cheaper that the current new parts costs, Why because marine parts has doubled and many have tripled in prices compared to 10 years ago.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

What BUP said .. They suck azz , nickel and dime you to death , want cheap crap . Most adjusters are Fckn Clueless.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I have Progressive through Worldwide Marine and just had a claim. I hit a submerged log and twisted the prop and vertical shafts which in turn weakened the gears. The end result is that the gears gave way and trashed everything. Progressive paid everything 100%. I think the real key is to make sure the shop you are working with knows what they are talking about and are honest enough to do the work needed. I went through George at All American Drive Service and he handled everything for me. I can't say enough good about dealing with AADS. I had Stacey quote a price for me and they were significantly more than Progressive so I stayed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.