Doug's Jag's damage

Notices

Doug's Jag's damage

Old 08-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Doug's Jag's damage

Originally Posted by 27daytona
I dropped the Jag off to start repairs. I was told that it would be returned to me as good as new and I believe that the shops chosen will do a great job. I may have a few weeks of boating left before my season ends on Oct. 15th. The Jag really came through the accident well. They really are a well made boat. Powerboat was filming the event and has footage but we may have to wait a while due to legal issues and investigations. Hotboat also had a copter in the air and I know for sure video does exist. Forums in both Hotboat and OSO have been pointing fingers and I am sure that no one involved expected to start the run with accidents. The sherriffs dept. is busy sorting the whole mess out and I hope that poker runs events are not affected. It really is a special day to see that much hardware in one spot. The boats are truely spectacular and that's really what the run is all about. The injuries that were sustained are real but it could have been horrific. The boats will be fixed or replaced and accidents will hopefully be forgotten and changes will be made so this can't happen again. The injured boaters hopefully will have a speedy recovery, they are more important than metal and fiberglass. Doug
Well said,
it was the 1st big cat i missed so we were out in the big azz bayliner instead to see all the hardware since i
sold my fountain last week...
strange feeling first time in 8-9yrs i dont have a go fast.

lets hope everyone can do what you said and move on so we can have events in the future!!!

Jonas
Old 09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cat-
Go to the HotBoat site and look up West forum, Big Gun.
More details there
Due
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John, The repairs are being made as we speak, much slower that expected so my season is surely over. I have been pushing for Oct. 1st but have finally faced reality and gave in and will be ready for next year. I plan on one run in late Oct. just to shake it down and then into storage. The port motor is out and the blower ate something and needed to be rebuilt and the carbs were ordered and delivered from Cobra. The interior is in Fresno, motor in Anticioch, and the hull is in Stockton. The good news is everything seems to be coming together and the shops all have great reputations. The hull integrity was not hurt so although expensive the damage can be fully repaired. I'm hoping someone other than me covers the expense of the repairs. I really don't need this in the courts. To answer the question about the Razor Skater, yes he was involved. Doug
Old 09-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
Thanks for the update and please keep us posted.

My Jag runs and handles great, but I'd like to have more hp!
John
Old 09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John, What speeds are you seeing? We all need more horsepower. I would just like to complete a season!! This is the fourth season and I have never made it from start to finish and the problems have never been my fault. Getting run over by another boat, who would ever think that would happen. Doug
Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
You've had bad luck and good luck: all at the same time. We're just happy that you didn't get hurt!
John