Nose cone or not >

Nose cone or not

Notices

Nose cone or not

Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nose cone or not

Debating adding one. Just invested a lot into the engine with JCPerformance, thought it might be worth while to give a nose cone a shot. It seems like a relatively low cost compared to the rebuild. What's everyone's experience? I know typhoon has one, hopfully they can chime in
Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Unless your running over 90 it will slow you down
Old 12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
That's pretty much what I hear also.

How about the Imco lower units? Are those cases generally faster then bravo cases?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Debating adding one. Just invested a lot into the engine with JCPerformance, thought it might be worth while to give a nose cone a shot. It seems like a relatively low cost compared to the rebuild. What's everyone's experience? I know typhoon has one, hopfully they can chime in
I'm not 100% sure but I think Typhoon has a sportmaster lower.....
Old 12-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Over 90 mph you will benefit from an aftermarket lower or a good nose cone job. The stock Bravo is pretty efficient under 90. I would run it as is. If you are over 90, I would get an aftermarket lower, it will hold up better and give you some more speed. Just my opinion.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Originally Posted by DonRoc
Over 90 mph you will benefit from an aftermarket lower or a good nose cone job. The stock Bravo is pretty efficient under 90. I would run it as is. If you are over 90, I would get an aftermarket lower, it will hold up better and give you some more speed. Just my opinion.
Im at the 90mph mark, about 90mph with two guys and half a tank. We're thinking about 88mph with the new bblades prop and full load.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

I would not wast my $$ then.
Brett @ Bblades is a great guy. We talked a lot in the late summer. i am using him for mine also.
What prop are you going to run?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I would try the nosecone!

I would add it and run it. Use the hyrdomotive nose cone. When I added the nose cone to my 24 there was a lot more profiling to be done to the gearcase, esspecially on a single. The stbd front side of the skeg was shaved and the rear of the port side skeg shaved also. Welded on a torque tab. The handling I gained with the longer bullet was well worth it. I lost a bit on the top but gained it back after making the above changes. Boat ran 88-90 all day before the nosecone but was hairy on top where you had to back off. With the nose cone you could hold it down. So from point A to point B the boat was faster. PDon't use the pointy nosecones, they are ****e.
Attached Thumbnails Nose cone or not-new-cheetah-004.jpg  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonRoc
I would not wast my $$ then.
Brett @ Bblades is a great guy. We talked a lot in the late summer. i am using him for mine also.
What prop are you going to run?
Doc, Im using a 30p labbed like we spoke about in earlier months. If needed Ill send the prop back to bblades for cuping but I've been by Joey Impresica that this boat is meant to ride level and not to add additional cup.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Doc, Im using a 30p labbed like we spoke about in earlier months. If needed Ill send the prop back to bblades for cuping but I've been by Joey Impresica that this boat is meant to ride level and not to add additional cup.
Brett @ BBlades said the same and all the prop testing I did confirmed they run best flat. I forgot our earlier discussion. I have a 30 on mine also. my best speed was from a labbed Maximus 30 but the RPM's were really low. It might be the way to go once I get my motor finished. I am thinking a 32 B1 or Maximus 32. I will be spinning it upwards to 6500 RPM's that should get me to my goal. Once I get everything in order I will start a thread about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.