Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Kryptonite
Kryptonite project begins.... >

Kryptonite project begins....

Notices

Kryptonite project begins....

Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it should be a nice project. I am going to get a carpet to lay down in the center of my cabin with the embroidered logo just to save the carpet that is in there. As you already know John, The walls and overhead of mine are all padded vinyl. I also plan to get a cockpit carpet with the logo on it to snap in place.

Of course, I have to get a rebuild first...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
Looks like it should be a nice project. I am going to get a carpet to lay down in the center of my cabin with the embroidered logo just to save the carpet that is in there. As you already know John, The walls and overhead of mine are all padded vinyl. I also plan to get a cockpit carpet with the logo on it to snap in place.

If you end up doing that shoot me a pm, I'd order each of those as well.........
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm

How are the plans for the rebuild comming?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Art ...the guy that bought my Saber...does marine carpets. If we come up with a design and all order one he'll hook us up.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Congraduations on the the new Kryptonite John.I look forward to running with you guys next season.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Registered

Guess you're out of the market for the phantom eh?

Nice boat. Best option I'd say for the cabin door is the molded steps that swing up. VERY practical. Joker has a mold that would likely work for ya if Kryptonite doesnt have 'em too.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 737jetmech
Congraduations on the the new Kryptonite John.I look forward to running with you guys next season.
We should have fun So what's the latest with the Scarab????
Old 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Guess you're out of the market for the phantom eh?

Nice boat. Best option I'd say for the cabin door is the molded steps that swing up. VERY practical. Joker has a mold that would likely work for ya if Kryptonite doesnt have 'em too.
What's up Neil. It was hard to pass this one up. I think it will be a pretty good runner. I like the Phantom...you know that. But I was looking for the most effecient hull in the size range. The Kryptonite fit the bill well.

I do like the molded steps for the cabin door. I know Superboat and Joker both do it. Might have to look into it.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonRoc
How are the plans for the rebuild comming?
Well, I have been busy with work and all that nonsense that comes with it, like flying to South Africa and riding a drilling rig across the ocean to the Gulf of Mexico, but I have been thinking about the rebuild that I need. My idea right now is to keep the current configuration of the engine, 9.5:1 compression, 345cc Pro 1 heads, 598ci, and keep it N/A, but to have a new cam ground for it and put Morel hydraulic roller lifters in it instead of the solids. I was also planning on maybe a bit milder cam grind, making slightly less hp and tq in the long run, but hopefully living a bit longer. I use my boat twice a weekend all summer, and sometimes more than one day during the week when I am home. 650-700hp would be more than acceptable if it would run for longer than 60 hours. There is a 598ci in the classifieds with hydraulics that was turning 801hp at 6000rpm, so it can be done of course, but I can live with 650hp or so and still hit high 80's to low 90's.

I know that I will probably hear a bunch of crap over having such an overbuilt engine for the amount of hp that I would be running, but reliability is becoming more of a factor in my decisions at this point.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

John, if you happen to find a mold for the molded steps, I would be very interested in a set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.