Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Kryptonite
Kryptonite project begins.... >

Kryptonite project begins....

Notices

Kryptonite project begins....

Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So Jdub do you just enjoy building boats that much wow you have had 3 since ive been looking and dragging my feet. lol Looks good whats the plans?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin..

I don't know Jdub.. DonRoc's cabin looks pretty sweet.. I would go with the carpet instead of the paint.. for a more finished look..
hey.. do me a favor and put some cushions on the top side of that cabin so my wife doesn't cut her head wide open again in the rough stuff.. haha..
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdub
We should have fun So what's the latest with the Scarab????
Blowers ! K/E's with dry tails .Back on the dyno to insure a safe tune.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
John, if you happen to find a mold for the molded steps, I would be very interested in a set.
Don't worry yourself with the steps...lets's get that motor out
Old 12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
So Jdub do you just enjoy building boats that much wow you have had 3 since ive been looking and dragging my feet. lol Looks good whats the plans?
Don't worry Kyle I'm sure you'll have a chance to buy this one too! How's the search going?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddieb
I don't know Jdub.. DonRoc's cabin looks pretty sweet.. I would go with the carpet instead of the paint.. for a more finished look..
hey.. do me a favor and put some cushions on the top side of that cabin so my wife doesn't cut her head wide open again in the rough stuff.. haha..
That's the risk you take when you can't handle the rain....ha ha..what up double 0
Old 12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 737jetmech
Blowers ! K/E's with dry tails .Back on the dyno to insure a safe tune.
Oh scheet....I think there are going to be some tails tucked this summer
Old 12-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
Well, I have been busy with work and all that nonsense that comes with it, like flying to South Africa and riding a drilling rig across the ocean to the Gulf of Mexico, but I have been thinking about the rebuild that I need. My idea right now is to keep the current configuration of the engine, 9.5:1 compression, 345cc Pro 1 heads, 598ci, and keep it N/A, but to have a new cam ground for it and put Morel hydraulic roller lifters in it instead of the solids. I was also planning on maybe a bit milder cam grind, making slightly less hp and tq in the long run, but hopefully living a bit longer. I use my boat twice a weekend all summer, and sometimes more than one day during the week when I am home. 650-700hp would be more than acceptable if it would run for longer than 60 hours. There is a 598ci in the classifieds with hydraulics that was turning 801hp at 6000rpm, so it can be done of course, but I can live with 650hp or so and still hit high 80's to low 90's.

I know that I will probably hear a bunch of crap over having such an overbuilt engine for the amount of hp that I would be running, but reliability is becoming more of a factor in my decisions at this point.
I think if that works for you and is reliable then by all means go with it. I think 650 hp would be easy on the motor and get you 90 mph without much of a issue. I am about ready to sell my 509. And should be ordering my new motor this week. I am going to start a thread so I don't step on Johns build.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jdub
Congrats on the new boat. It ran well when Holden had it and I'm sure you will get some big numbers out of it as well.. I believe it about ran 104 with Holden, Kirk and I in the boat....vinnie
Old 12-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
Don't worry Kyle I'm sure you'll have a chance to buy this one too! How's the search going?

I relaxed on my search some what. Just sick of dealing with the banks.... so i decided to just save the cash this winter, Ended up selling the Checkmate so i got cash laying around. Ive got a few ideas of what i might want. Pantera is still at the top of list but did come across Sutphen race boat, and well you know me Mind is always thinking of something.....

So whats the reason you went with this since its a 27 not to much different from the saber? is it that its a faster hull???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.