prop question

Notices

prop question

Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Bern,
I got a prop from mine. I gotta check the pitch. It was slightly underprop'd for my 570hp, you can try it if you want. When I make it out to the garage, I will check what size it is. I think it is a 27 Hydro.
and thank you sir
Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bern,

Whatever you settle on, cut the cup off. My boat performs a chit load better without it (adds roughly 50rpms). Kryptonites run level. they dont need bow lift, which is what the cup is for (also provides ventilation for planning). Therefore, if you can plan alright..... cut the cup off for less drag and better attitude for flyin' it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Bern,

Whatever you settle on, cut the cup off. My boat performs a chit load better without it (adds roughly 50rpms). Kryptonites run level. they dont need bow lift, which is what the cup is for (also provides ventilation for planning). Therefore, if you can plan alright..... cut the cup off for less drag and better attitude for flyin' it.
You mean diffuser ring?? You cant cut cup off buddy.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
You mean diffuser ring?? You cant cut cup off buddy.
Yea.... Wow. Yes, DIFUSER RING.

Berte really threw me off dan. Chit...
Old 12-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Yea.... Wow. Yes, DIFUSER RING.

Berte really threw me off dan. Chit...
He threw us all off......haha Its freakin funny though!!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Bern, Ill let you in on a little secret and anyone else in a racing Krypto class 5. Hydromotive 24 pitch 4 blade, 3 inches below the bottom with a 500 EFI or 525 merc. puts you on the limiter at 5450 rpm. at 77 MPH WOT all trimmed out on your best day. With that being said, tuck the drive in a little and run a little tab to maintain a constant speed at 73.5-74.5 you want the boat to be dragging a bit to be able to maintain speed without breaking out. I like to run at neutral in the corners at WOT where possible and dont drag any outside tab.My prop is bone stock and a pyle of $hit but it works. I never lift on the straights unless I know I am way out of the water for some time. I believe in running WOT and hitting the limiter on smaller waves. The XR drive is strong and you come back in the water at max RPM. I have put no time into my program or looked to make it any better. When someone can beat me in the big then I will work on it. I may sound cocky but I am always there for any of my Krypto brothers. If I cant win I want one of you too.
Randy
Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

So yea Bern well get ya that hydro we have
Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

He will need a set of balls with that prop!!!!! Bern, who will you be running with and what will they be doing? Washing the boat dont count!!!
MD
Old 12-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Balls come standard in the Krypto club!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Bern, Ill let you in on a little secret and anyone else in a racing Krypto class 5. Hydromotive 24 pitch 4 blade, 3 inches below the bottom with a 500 EFI or 525 merc. puts you on the limiter at 5450 rpm. at 77 MPH WOT all trimmed out on your best day. With that being said, tuck the drive in a little and run a little tab to maintain a constant speed at 73.5-74.5 you want the boat to be dragging a bit to be able to maintain speed without breaking out. I like to run at neutral in the corners at WOT where possible and dont drag any outside tab.My prop is bone stock and a pyle of $hit but it works. I never lift on the straights unless I know I am way out of the water for some time. I believe in running WOT and hitting the limiter on smaller waves. The XR drive is strong and you come back in the water at max RPM. I have put no time into my program or looked to make it any better. When someone can beat me in the big then I will work on it. I may sound cocky but I am always there for any of my Krypto brothers. If I cant win I want one of you too.
Randy
randy you are the man...im going to be blowing up your phone on a regular basis. the boat is being stored indoors at my buddies shop in wall twp. after the holidays begins the de-stickering and detailing, motor coming out and either a complete new transom assembly or just an IMCO gimble ring. need a professional opinion on that. its a stock bravo drive not an XR so i needa be careful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.