few questions for the krypt guys >

few questions for the krypt guys

Notices

few questions for the krypt guys

Old 06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default few questions for the krypt guys

got my 27 w a 500efi (stock) and a 28 Bravo 1 hittn just under 4900 rpms @ 73mph (gps on phone) in the water this weekend and have a few questions. according to powerboat magazine this exact boat was tested in Sept 2000 and ran lil over 80 w Teague driving and a 28 pitch bravo. I'm trying to get a build sheet from Kirk.
Anyone have Kirk's number ?
Are the fuel tanks a part of the boat (like skater's) or are they seperate (aluminum) ?
Fuel tank capacity ?
X dimension ?

thanks and any other input would be appreciated as well
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,068 Likes on 282 Posts

Aluminium. Ill PM you Kirks number tomorrow. X Dim are all different, different people rigged em
Old 06-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be somewhere around 100 gal fuel cap.

I know that boats are "supposed" to be fastest at neutral trim, but try trimming it up more. Mine gets faster the higher I trim it, to the point that I get nervous for the U joints and stop bringing it up.

I am set up at around 3" below the pad with an ITS box and no notch, and would like to bring it up higher another inch or so.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Ours doesnt even hold 60 i think.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Ours doesnt even hold 60 i think.
Mine is right at 100 gal. Maybe 98 gal in reality but somewhere in that region. I know that I have put 89 gal in it once.

60 gal wouldnt get me very far. I burned around 100 this weekend.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Driver-441
Racer

I wish I had that tank bro......were always on fumes at the end of a race....start loosing it in the corners lol
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Race boats and pleasure boats were set up different from what Kirk told me. (Please be kind I am remembering conversations from 7-8 years ago.)
My boat the fuel tank was directly under the rear seat. I had 90-100 gallons if I remember correctly.
X-dimensions were all over the place. Mine was the first one he built with an extension box. I first had a standard length then swapped to a 2" shorty.
The boat liked to run 1-2 clicks above neutral trim and I used to run the tabs neutral and slightly drag them in an oncoming sea. The boat runs best flat.
I have a 27" or 28" labbed something lying around. You are more than welcome to try it if you like.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Race boats and pleasure boats were set up different from what Kirk told me. (Please be kind I am remembering conversations from 7-8 years ago.)
My boat the fuel tank was directly under the rear seat. I had 90-100 gallons if I remember correctly.
X-dimensions were all over the place. Mine was the first one he built with an extension box. I first had a standard length then swapped to a 2" shorty.
The boat liked to run 1-2 clicks above neutral trim and I used to run the tabs neutral and slightly drag them in an oncoming sea. The boat runs best flat.
I have a 27" or 28" labbed something lying around. You are more than welcome to try it if you like.
Tom,
I would LOVE to try that 28 labbed if you have it lying around!

The kryptonites do ride flat. Stock props work best. If you lab it take the stern lift out and cut the diffuser off. I also leave the tabs dragging a bit. I cruise 1 click below neutral and 1 click above neutral if I'm getting on it. Some people love the ride, some people hate it. Its very unconventional for a 27 footer to run flat. Most of them hang out.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

When I go through the garage I will post what it is and if anyone wants to try it, they can have it.
If they like it and want to keep it (or bang it up real good), make a reasonable offer.
Just cover shipping.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Tom,
I would LOVE to try that 28 labbed if you have it lying around!

The kryptonites do ride flat. Stock props work best. If you lab it take the stern lift out and cut the diffuser off. I also leave the tabs dragging a bit. I cruise 1 click below neutral and 1 click above neutral if I'm getting on it. Some people love the ride, some people hate it. Its very unconventional for a 27 footer to run flat. Most of them hang out.
Why are you trying a 28 labbed? I thought that Jeff ran it the fastest with a 32p? Big jump down in pitch to a 28.

Mine is running great this season. Just over 12 hours on this motor and pulls to 6000rpm with 4 people and a full tank of fuel on board as long as I trim it up to get the bow out of the water some. Mid to high 90's fully loaded is nothing to complain about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.