Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Latitude
Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air >

Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Notices

Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to hearing the report !!!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Going to meet Orlando now, I will give you my thoughts on the boat when I get back. Very nice day for boating today with temps in the low 80s and only 5-10 knots of wind. Maybe we can find some ship wakes to jump.
First off I need to say thank you very much for stopping by my house. Orlando was pulling one boat and his wife was pulling another boat. She had 4 year old twins that had been in the car for 2 weeks being dragged around. So for them to almost be home and stop and have to unwrap the boat to take me out. Thank you very much.

Well the wind picked up to more like a solid 15 and bay had a good chop. The boat rode nice and ate up the chop very well. The boat rode very dry and did not take an ounce of spray in the boat. I am coming out of a 47 lightning so I will have to get used to a 28 when the weather gets nasty. The wife and I are looking for something that is simple and easy to maintain after the last 2 big boats. I am going to rig it with twin 300 verados instead of the 225 verado boat that we went out on. I also would have him bump up the size of the fuel tank from the standard 128 gallon. Orlando is telling me at least 70 mph and more likely 75 mph with the twin 300s. But being they have not done one with those motors it is yet to be determined. I could not get any mpg since the boat had the livorsi gauges. The bolsters were very nice and comfortable. I liked them better than the Concept bolsters that I had driven last month. I am 6'3" and about 230 and seemed to fit fine. The rear bench was full beam and would hold 4 adults comfortably. I am going to have them make the back supports a little taller for better support. I am also going to have them add a stainless grab bar accross the back of the bolsters for the people riding the bench. The seat in front of the console with hold 2 adults comfortably. The forward seating had the slide in filler cushions in and it made for a very nice sunpad that would hold 2 chicks laying out. Overall the boat had very clean and classy lines. No step so maybe not as fast as it could be. But that is can of worms that I don't want to open. Main thing that I did not like on this particular boat is no trim indicators. I have gotten used to the big mechanical livorsi gauges and like to always now where my trim is at. Orlando does not need them since he has so much time in that hull but I felt I needed them. Even more if I add 150 hp to the boat and hit some higher speeds. The boat had 4 blades on it and was not set up for top end. It would still go about 61 on gps at 6000 rpm. I would be doing twin vesselviews on my boat. I think they would make for a very clean looking dash. Put a garmin 5208 in the center and a vesselview on each side. I am probably just rambling now so I will shut up. Almost forgot the first thing that I noticed when I walked up to the boat. Every screw head was facing the same direction on the rubrail, maybe minor but I thought it was good attention to detail. Once again thanks Orlando and family for stopping by.

Last edited by DRIVEN1; 05-01-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike did you get to look at the 35 on the trailer? What was the mechainical and electrical rigging like on the 28?

I was thinking about you guys today while I was sitting in traffic in Atlanta.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Mike did you get to look at the 35 on the trailer? What was the mechainical and electrical rigging like on the 28?

I was thinking about you guys today while I was sitting in traffic in Atlanta.
Did not have them unwrap the 35 since I was not interested in that size one. You are going to kill me but Heather ended up coming on the boat and I opened the hatch to look in there for the rigging under the dash. Well once I saw the porta potti in there , I started asking about putting more fuel in there and did not climb in there. You need to stop by the factory on the way to the keys and check one out. I am going to go down there in June to see them being built before I plunked down any cash. I should not have brought Heather because she wanted to leave after being there 2 hours and I wanted to look at in more detail once we got back from the test ride.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any rattling, or shaking or anything coming loose while running in a chop ?

Is there a wt. difference between the 300 and the 225 ?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Any rattling, or shaking or anything coming loose while running in a chop ?

Is there a wt. difference between the 300 and the 225 ?
The 225 and the 300 both weigh the same, so I am thinking the 300 is the answer for that boat.

The boat that I went on was about a year old and was a customers boat. He looks like it has lived a hard life and not taken care of the best. I am told that he likes to party allot.The good thing about the verados is that they are so quiet you hear everything. I guess this would be a bad thing if the boat was making allot of noises.The boat was solid and no rattling noises at all. Even when I went over a freighter's wake and got the hull entirely out of the water.
I have owned a 23 Concept, 29 Donzi, and 38 and 47 Fountains. I was impressed with the boat and Orlando is going to be working on some numbers for me. If the numbers look good I am leaning towards this boat to be the next one.
The seating is just what I would do If I built my own boat and looks of the boat are very nice. I will probably do a simple paint job that will not look dated in a couple of years. I am going to go down the factory next month and check it out.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

DRIVEN1,
Glad to hear all went well during your demo of the Latitude 28SS. From speaking with Orlando and reading your posts on OSO it seems as though Team Latitude met your expectations. I am glad to hear you will be touring the factory to get an even closer look into the Latitude manufacturing process'. If I can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Can't wait to hear more about what you have in mind regarding color combination and configuration our your personal Latitude 28SS. With twin Mercury 300HP Verados I believe this boat is going to be unbelievable. Most of all Thank You for giving Latitude Powerboats an opportunity to demonstrate our product and potentially earn your business.

Sincerely,
Fred Brady
ALLSTAR Marine - Latitude Sales
[email protected]
www.allstarmarineonline.com
www.latitudepowerboats.com
Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 AM
BRD
Registered

Sounds like you got to give her a good test Mike ... I am interested in the 28 as well ... Providing It will fit my lift in FMB .... Fred , thanks for the time and info. yesterday !

JM
Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Nice boats. I saw the investor link on the site, are they still looking for capital injection?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by allstarmarine
DRIVEN1,
Glad to hear all went well during your demo of the Latitude 28SS. From speaking with Orlando and reading your posts on OSO it seems as though Team Latitude met your expectations. I am glad to hear you will be touring the factory to get an even closer look into the Latitude manufacturing process'. If I can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Can't wait to hear more about what you have in mind regarding color combination and configuration our your personal Latitude 28SS. With twin Mercury 300HP Verados I believe this boat is going to be unbelievable. Most of all Thank You for giving Latitude Powerboats an opportunity to demonstrate our product and potentially earn your business.

Sincerely,
Fred Brady
ALLSTAR Marine - Latitude Sales
[email protected]
www.allstarmarineonline.com
www.latitudepowerboats.com
Yes I think that boat with twin 300 verados would be very nice. I have lots of ideas for the boat so I think it will be very nice once it is done. Thanks Mike

Quick Reply: Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.