Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   LaveyCraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft-205/)
-   -   Ordered a new 2750 W/Ilmor 710 today! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft/192466-ordered-new-2750-w-ilmor-710-today.html)

Uncle Dave 08-02-2008 06:35 PM

Ordered a new 2750 W/Ilmor 710 today!

Spent all morning (and the last 15 years) figuring with Jeff out what I wanted.

I'm loosely following "Quents" blue and silver color scheme but with the new cobalt blue color they used on the 39 Evo. Since I need to climb on the deck at Catalina, Jeff is going to ease the color out of the bow and keep the center mostly white so when I walk on the deck I wont start crying, as well as keeping the cockpit white.

My current Lavey is centerfold quality cherry after 15 years but because I kill when anyone gets near it with skis or wakeboard, and I wanted something a little easier to fix WHEN I ding the gelcoat.

I went with the Ilmor 700 for power and Im a little concerned about it being stout enough, but the numbers say otherwise. With only 150 HP more than my small block 406 it will be interesting to see how this boat comes out of the hole and accelerates through the midrange. Jeff swears I wont be disappointed and as I said the number look impressive on paper.

It was between the ilmor 700, the Merc 600SCI, and the teague 800, or a custom 632CI BBC- all great motors.

Everyone tells me not to worry about blower motors "anymore" but a lifetime of rebuilding them tells me otherwise.

Still sorting out some parts details and the nav package, but they start work on her on Monday.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 sebring
Fleetwod nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan

freshwaterfiend 08-12-2008 10:06 PM

This is going to be one awesome boat. I love that blue, and the Ilmor is a great engine. I assume you are going to use the IMCO SCX drive?

Keeping a close eye on this build. Post pics as soon as you have them.

Uncle Dave 08-12-2008 10:53 PM

Teague platinum drive with a mercury Integrated transom system-fully hydraulic (my 20 footer has the same setup!)

Teague is 20 Minutes form my house.

Ill post an extras list if a couple of days. Heres a partial list

5 zone tri clored led & led beach lighting
cabin A/C - peltier technology
furuno mdf8 zero time plotter & 2KW radar on a removeable strut.
livorsi dash/livorsi strainer/livorsi led taillight
2x 24 cell batts
teague billet trim pump & drive reservoir
<working on stereo>
flush hatch on and on and on.......

Im exploding with anticipation.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - on its way!
Laveycraft 20.8 sebring
Nissan Titan

Racerngr1 08-13-2008 12:36 AM

Congratulations on the new boat. I'm sure you will be very happy once you get to take it out the first time.

Uncle Dave 08-13-2008 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Racerngr1 (Post 2652366)
Congratulations on the new boat. I'm sure you will be very happy once you get to take it out the first time.

Thanks Im stoked-cant wait.
I think Ill go right to marina del rey and launch on morning 1.

Actually on the drive question earlier yes and no-
The - teague platinum XR uses the Bravo XR upper with a stronger beefed up pinion (bearing?) and an imco SCX lower unit.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - on its way!
Laveycraft 20.8 sebring
Nissan Titan

freshwaterfiend 08-13-2008 10:54 AM

Those options sound sick.

Can't wait to see the build. Congrats. Sounds similar to the type of boat I would build.

Toffen 08-13-2008 12:43 PM

Hi!

Congratulations!

Cheeeers, Toffen G

Uncle Dave 08-17-2008 05:43 PM

Gelcoat done - In the mold now! . My other lady.......

3 Attachment(s)
Now Im getting quite anxious.

Spent Saturday morning at LaveyCraft- she gets bagged this week........

Here is also a pict of my other lady- the 20.8 picture was taken from my buddys 22ft Cole superhawk as I screamed by.

I doled out a beating the likes of which he'll never forget- a real ego bruiser.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750-Ilmor 7/10
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring
Nissan Titan

lavey jr 08-17-2008 06:15 PM

Love the pic of your 20.8. Bet that thing screams

Uncle Dave 08-17-2008 06:37 PM

Yeah the Sebring 20.8 Mod/V...
I LOVE this little boat. This very boat has a rich history behind it starting with it in the hot boat annual calendar in 93 and I have saved all the data.

Its a blast to drive its got a medium hot 406 in it putting ot about 500hp and 500lb/ft of torque. Its a high 80, low 90's boat.

When I get the 2750 Im going to pull the SB and step it up a notch or 2.
Now that Ill have my cruiser (albeit a really fast cruiser) why not make this one nasty? It also looks KILLER and always gathers a crowd. It's got a new LCP labeled new interior, an all new Livorsi dash with GPS speedo, an ITS, and a 1 yr old bravo 1 XR with a sport master lower.

Its just too cool of a little piece with all the neat parts Ive put in it over time. I dont think I can actually part with it so Im planing on keeping it. Plus when I want to go on a boat trip I can do it on my own terms with my own gear.

Problem is I have too many toys now though..........

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring
Nissan Titan