NuEra 2750 Questions

Notices

NuEra 2750 Questions

Old 10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default NuEra 2750 Questions

Adding the 2750 to my shortlist.

Looks like the bottom was changed in 2007 to make the boat more stable at higher speeds. I read one thread where an owner said the pre-2007 boats had a tendency to porpoise? Was this at cruising speeds, high speeds, or both?

Without a windshield or wind deflectors does wind hit you in the face?

In good water what will the boat run for speeds with a 500EFI?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onesickpantera

Looks like the bottom was changed in 2007 to make the boat more stable at higher speeds. I read one thread where an owner said the pre-2007 boats had a tendency to porpoise? Was this at cruising speeds, high speeds, or both?

Im unsure the change occurred in 07 (JR woudl know) but the early boats were designed to run fast and give lots of lift with power at that time- HP 500 & 525's.

Never been in one that porpoised but I was in an earlier one with a 575 that chine walked- but I could drive through it or settle it with the left tab.

Ive been in many older ones and not had any issues accelerating or cruising, but those were HP500 boats.

When guys started putting bigger power in them they started moving around so the bottom was changed to be more stable at higher speeds with bigger power.

Older ones can be modded easily if you decide to run big power.
Youll see a modded one soon on the boards making 2 with over 1000HP.

Boat will run a hair over 75 with an HP500EFI
(75.4 hot boat mag 1/03)

There is a ton of wind in your face.
Kind of like what I imagine the Maxell guy went through.

You can put a windshield on them but its fairly large bucks.
Look at Quents 2750.

See attached 3rd party tests.

Uncle Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
boat-tests.pdf (88.4 KB, 835 views)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera

The bottom was changed around 07/08. It is not a whole different bottom, just removed a couple of the strakes to give less lift so it is more stable with big power. But even with lower power it did not lose any speed. It actually gained a few clicks because you don't have to use the amount of tab input like before with the full bottom.

Older 2750's with the full bottom will porpoise at high speed if the trim settings are not in the sweet spot. Low speed would not porpoise but it would lean slightly to the left requiring tab input but the faster you went it would level itself requiring you to bring the tabs back up to neutral. So the older ones are definitely a drivers boat.

Without a windshield you get 100% of the wind in your face.
Adding a windshield you will get almost no wind in your face. If it was my personal boat I would have a windshield.

Speed with a 500 would be mid 70's but low 70's all day long.