Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
A NuEra 4 us >

A NuEra 4 us

Notices

A NuEra 4 us

Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking boat I sold my 2750 last year and bought a Nordic heat this year the Lavey is by far a better boat in my opinion already tryn to sell nordic for another Lavey
Old 07-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bowdensteel
Good looking boat I sold my 2750 last year and bought a Nordic heat this year the Lavey is by far a better boat in my opinion already tryn to sell nordic for another Lavey
Can you give some details around your comment.

Im very curious as to what it is you dislike about the Nordic heat.

Thanks

Uncle Dave
Old 08-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Dave...how's the new Lavey working out for you this summer?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Dave...how's the new Lavey working out for you this summer?
Hey Steve,
I'm saving a lot of gas money
It's going slow. I was planning on trying to hit the water before the Summer was over but probably not going to happen. Too many things I want to do and they all take time. Planning on having the motor ready for the dyno in October. Once that's done it will be time to get started on tearing the drive down and adding a little strength to her, then the gages come out for new Monsters, new updated panels, steering wheel, etc....
It seems a ways off but Spring will be here quick. I stiill go sit in it once and a while and have a cold one while pondering how she'll run
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Love to see your new ride in person.

UD
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Hey UD. We head south to Havasu, Powell, and Mead pretty regularly. Maybe next year we can cross paths...
Does Lavey still have a regatta?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Hey UD. We head south to Havasu, Powell, and Mead pretty regularly. Maybe next year we can cross paths...
Does Lavey still have a regatta?
Thanks,
Dave

I stomp around those places a lot. Would love to connect sometime. Always looking for new friends

Lavey hasn't done an official regatta in a while, but they did what they called a nadda regatta. Basically a bunch of Lavey owners getting together with no formality.

They've organized a few Fun Runs to Catalina though - as well fitting the big water nature of the boats.

UD
Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I stomp around those places a lot. Would love to connect sometime. Always looking for new friends

Lavey hasn't done an official regatta in a while, but they did what they called a nadda regatta. Basically a bunch of Lavey owners getting together with no formality.

They've organized a few Fun Runs to Catalina though - as well fitting the big water nature of the boats.

UD
Sounds fun. I will let you know when we're headed down next.
Catalina would be fun but I cring at the thought of dipping her in the salt...
We ran a Rage out there in the ski races a few years back as my good friend had to to do it. He finished
Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Default A new Heart Beat

Well, the new Lavey heart is pumping now!
From the pile of parts, the 500EFI has been resurrected… OK, maybe reborn is a better word as the only parts left from the 500EFI are the pulleys and exhaust
I was able to hit my target date of October to be able to dyno the motor at Haxby Speed in Vancouver BC and avoid any travel/weather issues. I wouldn’t generally drive that far to dyno a motor but it involved towing my daughters car from Utah to Seattle so the motor tagged along for the ride. Turns out it was well worth the tow as Alex (Haxby) was great to work with in making her come alive.
The basic parts for the buildup were a Dart std deck block (555ci, 8.3:1 CR), Callies Dragon Slayer crank, Howards Ultimate Duty rods, JE ceramic coated pistons topped off with AFR325 heads that were CNC and hand ported by Tony Mamo personally (handled by Bob Madera) and a Marine Kinetics cam. For induction Dustin Whipple set me up with an upgraded 500EFI kit that included a 4.0L Whipple and MOAC, and a upgraded Eliminator Fuel system. This is now all controlled by the new Holley EFI electronics which is very nice!
The target boost is 10 lbs with the conservative 8.3 CR but we were only able to pull just over 8 lbs with the issued pulley setup. Dustin was close on his estimate but the motor wants more for sure.
Dynoing using the conservative Merc std J1349, we were able to pull out 1014hp at 6300rpm fully dressed at that boost level. Alex hunted for another pulley but to no avail so we can only speculate what the hp would be with 10.5 lbs and the general standard used.
The Holley software is so nice, it self tunes within milliseconds and to watch it hit the desired AF numbers as fast as you can pull her up is pretty amazing. Between that and a Madera cam Alex could load it down to 600rpm and still maintain an easy idle.
I’m very happy with my build as I think it’s fairly conservative setup that can be turned up when desired (after I drive the boat we’ll see ).
A special thanks to Alex to putting up with me for the day. He's a class act for sure!
Now on to the drive build and boat stuff (Gauges, wheel, etc…)… Hurry up Spring!
Dave
I’ve attached some pics of before and afters…
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Registered

Default Before pics

Before
Attached Thumbnails A NuEra 4 us-old-short-block.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-pile-parts.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-heads-before.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.