Notices

Finally!!

Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!

Well we too were finally able to splash our new-to-us 2750.
It has been a long spring with work, travel and getting a few details taken care of on the boat but she is now ready to go.
I managed to get a whole 20 minutes of seat time at the end of last weekend and could not believe how well she handles rough water.
We had a steady blow coming down the lake all weekend due to hurricane Arthur and I was thoroughly impressed with how solid and stable the boat felt.
She is a driver's boat for sure (I like that a lot) and I have lots to learn about trim and tabs. Totally different than any of my other GF's and I'm anxious to get to know her manners.
Definitely a head turner as I have never had so many looks and compliments on any thing I've owned!
We even had the Marine Police swing in for a very close look and as I was racking my brain accounting for registration and all the safety equipment, all he said was "really nice boat" and continued on.
Now that's a first for me!!

Really looking forward to this weekend!

Last edited by GoodTrade 2750; 07-10-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

As said before, you got the crown jewel of the 2750s!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodTrade 2750
Well we too were finally able to splash our new-to-us 2750.
It has been a long spring with work, travel and getting a few details taken care of on the boat but she is now ready to go.
I managed to get a whole 20 minutes of seat time at the end of last weekend and could not believe how well she handles rough water.
We had a steady blow coming down the lake all weekend due to hurricane Arthur and I was thoroughly impressed with how solid and stable the boat felt.
She is a driver's boat for sure (I like that a lot) and I have lots to learn about trim and tabs. Totally different than any of my other GF's and I'm anxious to get to know her manners.
Definitely a head turner as I have never had so many looks and compliments on any thing I've owned!
We even had the Marine Police swing in for a very close look and as I was racking my brain accounting for registration and all the safety equipment, all he said was "really nice boat" and continued on.
Now that's a first for me!!

Really looking forward to this weekend!

Good to hear your expectations are being met. Have great summer!

UD
Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bert4332
As said before, you got the crown jewel of the 2750s!
Thanks Bert,
Since she's mine, I pretty much agree. That said, it has become evident to me that every Lavey I have seen or read about is a piece worthy of their owner feeling the same. They are just such cool boats! I happen to really like this boat because it is clearly different than what you typically run across up here in the northeast and yes, it does have some really rich graphics and cool lay-up (Kevlar/carbon fiber). I am still working out some minor wrinkles and have had limited time to run her but hoping that changes this coming weekend!

BTW, you need to work on that "Now boatless" with the frownie face. Your own Crown Jewell awaits! Just haed on over to Benjamin Drive, Corona CA! ;-)

Last edited by GoodTrade 2750; 07-14-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Good to hear your expectations are being met. Have great summer!

UD
Thanks UD.
I am still ironing out a few wrinkles (latest issue was a blown external tab line this last weekend) but I can tell you that for the couple of runs I have been able to make, she is strong and I love the ride!
I'm axnious to compare notes with you once I get to know her manners better. Mine is set-up with an Imco -2 lower running a 28P 4 blade Bravo I Prop that Quent had labbed by Brett. Feels really good over 60 but there is quite a bit of slip in the lower and mid ranges. Now I have VERY little seat time but she is very different than my other GF's. High slip percentages bug me so I'll likely be working to reduce it. Temptation is to try spacers or perhaps a Hering 5 blade but it is clear, that would be premature. Going to try to get a handful of hours with a variety of conditions so I can accurately describe her characteristics. I alos want to get some real slip numbers.

I have to admit, although I don't have much seat time, I couldn't resist running her up the other day and she zipped right up and past 80MPH with no trouble or dialing in. I only was only able to glance at the speedo momentarily because up to this point, my eyes have been trained on the oil pressure and engine temps. I was also running out of lake--

My recollection is that you are running Merc ITS with a Sportmaster but can't remember if it is std length or a shorter one?

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying that beautiful 2750 (now all yours I understand; congrats!) and that 21 Lavey Speedster! I have a Donzi Classic 18 with a 383 Stroker and while it isn't nearly as fast as yours, there is no substitution for the experience in those smaller 2+3's!!

Cheers,
Paul
Old 07-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Registered

What I like about the boats the best is taking people on a ride that have never been in one, especially when it's snotty. Solidifies their opinion mighty quick!

This year a boat is out of the question, I have a daughter going into college next year and I'm gonna have to wait until I know what the bill is and that depends on the school.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTrade 2750
Thanks UD.
I am still ironing out a few wrinkles (latest issue was a blown external tab line this last weekend) but I can tell you that for the couple of runs I have been able to make, she is strong and I love the ride!
I'm axnious to compare notes with you once I get to know her manners better. Mine is set-up with an Imco -2 lower running a 28P 4 blade Bravo I Prop that Quent had labbed by Brett. Feels really good over 60 but there is quite a bit of slip in the lower and mid ranges. Now I have VERY little seat time but she is very different than my other GF's. High slip percentages bug me so I'll likely be working to reduce it. Temptation is to try spacers or perhaps a Hering 5 blade but it is clear, that would be premature. Going to try to get a handful of hours with a variety of conditions so I can accurately describe her characteristics. I alos want to get some real slip numbers.

I have to admit, although I don't have much seat time, I couldn't resist running her up the other day and she zipped right up and past 80MPH with no trouble or dialing in. I only was only able to glance at the speedo momentarily because up to this point, my eyes have been trained on the oil pressure and engine temps. I was also running out of lake--

My recollection is that you are running Merc ITS with a Sportmaster but can't remember if it is std length or a shorter one?

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying that beautiful 2750 (now all yours I understand; congrats!) and that 21 Lavey Speedster! I have a Donzi Classic 18 with a 383 Stroker and while it isn't nearly as fast as yours, there is no substitution for the experience in those smaller 2+3's!!

Cheers,
Paul
Hello Paul,

I have the ITS with the Imco -2 (sportmaster I think) so our setups should be similar.

My smaller ride locks up tighter than a drum so getting used to slip was weird for me as well, but Ive come to get used to it on the larger boat and Im certain my drivetrain appreciates it.

Ive tried a bunch of props and keep coming back to the labbed merc 4 blade 28, I have a thinned out Herring that buys me a a few MPH on the top and a bit more bite but its like a waifey girlfriend pretty and fragile.I tried a cutting edge and it seemed to perform about like the bravo maybe a hair better, same with a signature 28.

I find the 5 blades don't handle like Id hoped. Some guys running 2750's swear by the hydromotive P5x but I didn't like it on my ride.

Bert- I guess you have to ride with us this year... What happened to the other powerquest you going to buy?

UD
Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

UD,

Two guys on the PQ forum took a look at it separately for me, both opinions were to pass, it was a dog. Just too beat up and would require too much $$$ to bring it up to my standards. One of these days I'm gonna make it out West again. Funny thing, I lived in Marina Del Rey in the 90's for 5yrs and owning a boat never crossed my mind. Wish I had one now and wished I lived back there again! lol

thanx for the invite!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

When 2 buddies render a pass verdict I think you called the ball on it.

Dont feel so bad from 97-2009 the Del REy has been in my backyard and I didnt have the boat for it.

Being able to drop in for an afternoon run has been a blast- (but the 6 hours of cleaning after certainly are not but part of the deal)

Let us know if you are out here...there is always something in the fridge......

UD