Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
New Boats Unlimited  29 Build.... >

New Boats Unlimited 29 Build....

Notices

New Boats Unlimited 29 Build....

Old 05-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Boats Unlimited 29 Build....

John Mosetti - known here affectionately as "BUP"'s 29 started the week of the storm.

Molds got cleaned buffed and prepped, topsides on 3rd coat of wax.....

Excited to see it all go together.

UD
Attached Thumbnails New Boats Unlimited  29 Build....-img_2111.jpg   New Boats Unlimited  29 Build....-img_2112.jpg   New Boats Unlimited  29 Build....-img_2113.jpg  

Old 05-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it going to be a MCOB or closed bow boat? There are several used Laveys I kick myself for not jumping on but the timing just wasn't right.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never mind, I just read the article on the home page and saw that it is going to be a closed bow. While that is great for BUP, it seems to me that the demand for MCOB boats exceeds the closed bows, at least over the last few years. I know that is what I would like to have eventually and it seems they are usually asking about 10K more for those used than the comparable closed bows.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Never mind, I just read the article on the home page and saw that it is going to be a closed bow. While that is great for BUP, it seems to me that the demand for MCOB boats exceeds the closed bows, at least over the last few years. I know that is what I would like to have eventually and it seems they are usually asking about 10K more for those used than the comparable closed bows.

It seems like MCOB's are rare outside of Cali/AZ. They seem like a " West Coast" thing.

Laveys in general (much to the chagrin of Lavey Craft) are rare outside of Cali AZ.

UD
Old 05-09-2016, 10:53 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I will be honest I have never seen a Mid cabin In New York, It is filled with Baja, Fountains, Checkmates, Velocity's, alot of Cigs, some Apaches, some Panteras, some Sonics and in Long area Superboats, Hustlers, and few Krypts. How many mid cabins did these builders build out of the bunch.

NJ area - Toms River area still a good hot spot for performance boats and I can not recall any mid cabins there either. Not saying there is none but possible a very few only. Also the OPA linked Jersey Boys based out of the New Jersey area still a huge performance crowd and hittin it.

In my area Texas - (DFW) the High performance stuff is barely anything anymore plus not many mid cabins at all here probably less than 100 in the state. IMO we have a better chance to market this boat on the east coast, the NE coast and in Michigan, Ohio, IL.

Maryland still has a performance crowd running around and GA has the largest boat entries for any poker run in the USA. Also Western New York we have the Thousand Island and Buffalo Poker run in which we have 2 countries to market to - Canada added into the mix. Everyone in CA and AZ already knows Laveycraft and mid cabins in which they prefer.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

When Sunsation introduced their 288 mid-cabin in late '02, it far outsold their closed deck version. Lots of mid-opens here in IL and at LOTO.

Good luck with the build. Love the 29 Lavey.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Excited to watch it......
I like mid cabin for lakes but I would never want one in the salt......the occasional salt water splash or better yet the oooops close stuff.....just don't want that area of the boat exposed.

Keep the pics coming please....... Jenni and I keep talking about maybe we should be #2 in line....

Chris