New to Powerboating on LG >

New to Powerboating on LG

Notices

New to Powerboating on LG

Old 02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I usually try to get up the last weekend in July. Last year we have the Sacandaga Poker run on that weekend, but that has been moved up this year.

Thanks.
Now thats what I'm talking about. Bring the boats to Sacandaga. I just hope they leave the water in
Old 02-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

LG is a great LAke to boat on.FullThrot may be exaterating a little bit.Yes, the cops are hard asses.Yes, you have to be careful about where you go fast but an enjoyable weekend on the lake is pretty easy.A lot of the time the cops do the noise test incorrectly.Bring the boat by the shop and we will test it the right way.Are you getting the boat from Mahopac?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
LG is a great LAke to boat on.FullThrot may be exaterating a little bit.Yes, the cops are hard asses.Yes, you have to be careful about where you go fast but an enjoyable weekend on the lake is pretty easy.A lot of the time the cops do the noise test incorrectly.Bring the boat by the shop and we will test it the right way.Are you getting the boat from Mahopac?
Lake George is one the most beutifull places to boat! Just very controlled. If your going to operate a sportboat there, just stay under the speed limit, (45) Make sure your boat can comply to sound restrictions, and dont drink, ANYTHING, because you could be borded at anytime for inspection/ testing. All that aside, It is well worth it.

Last edited by fullthrottle-offshore; 02-22-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

follow the rules and regs and you will be fine and not harrased.

Noise is a big issue. Stay under 90 dbs, get tested in the spring and keep your paperwork and they will not bother you.

If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me

Bob
518 361-6521
Old 02-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

I am working with Mahopac on the boat, (Charlie and Tom are great guys to deal with). Like I said I dont plan on being an a**hole on the Lake, I grew up here, I just want to make sure I'm not making the wrong decision, because I do plan on using the boat on the lake. I will have a quick and quiet exhaust on the boat so I guess only time will tell when to enjoy it, and when to keep it quiet.
Thanks for all the feedback! The only people I have had this coversation, up to this point are people that own cruisers, and in some cases, they want me to be as miserable as they are.
Otis I will be in contact with you soon, I look forward to being to being an active part of the association.
Thanks for all the advise. Any dock referalls please contact me @ 361-4423. Under cover or dry is a must.
Thanks
Anthony

Originally Posted by otis311
follow the rules and regs and you will be fine and not harrased.

Noise is a big issue. Stay under 90 dbs, get tested in the spring and keep your paperwork and they will not bother you.

If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me

Bob
518 361-6521
Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Registered

I can only speak from my experience. Yes L.G. is regulated,
but if you own a performence boat & put on mufflers
you wont have a problem. I was running my 35 ex
with no mufflers & got pinched. Put on mufflers &
passed. No problem all last season. Speed limit is 45
but if you dont run like a idiot you wont have a problem.

Fullthrottle offshore. Any boat with dry pipes are out
of line. Here or anywhere except the ocean. Sorry,
but I have a house on the lake also. I like the sound
of a offshore boat as much as anyone,but dry pipes
are obnoxious. Especially in a lake surrounded by
mountains.

Last edited by epeek; 02-24-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by epeek
I can only speak from my experience. Yes L.G. is regulated,
but if you own a performence boat & put on mufflers
you wont have a problem. I was running my 35 ex
with no mufflers & got pinched. Put on mufflers &
passed. No problem all last season. Speed limit is 45
but if you dont run like a idiot you wont have a problem.

Fullthrottle offshore. Any boat with dry pipes are out
of line. Here or anywhere except the ocean. Sorry,
but I have a house on the lake also. I like the sound
of a offshore boat as much as anyone,but dry pipes
are obnoxsis. Especially in a lake surrounded by
mountains.
Rick, I know dry pipes are obnoxious, I was actually thinking on nameing my boat that, because thats what all my neighbors call it.
I tried Morgan's (talon25) bolt on muffers, they didnt bring my noise low enugh, so out of consideration untill mods are made I dont put it in the lake anymore.
Rick, I also never got a chance to thank you for your paceboat skills at the run (I was in your group, in a all red 33 Fountain with dry pipes) You did a great job and I had alot of fun.Thanks
Carguy, if you have a switchable exhaust, they test you in the open stage, not closed, just thought you might find that info usefull.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

THanks for that info, I figured they would test it with the exhaust open. Too bad a couple if bad eggs spoil it for all of us. Do the guys from Mahopac know if the 32ss is louder than 90db???? I' assuming it is.

Originally Posted by fullthrottle-offshore
Rick, I know dry pipes are obnoxious, I was actually thinking on nameing my boat that, because thats what all my neighbors call it.
I tried Morgan's (talon25) bolt on muffers, they didnt bring my noise low enugh, so out of consideration untill mods are made I dont put it in the lake anymore.
Rick, I also never got a chance to thank you for your paceboat skills at the run (I was in your group, in a all red 33 Fountain with dry pipes) You did a great job and I had alot of fun.Thanks
Carguy, if you have a switchable exhaust, they test you in the open stage, not closed, just thought you might find that info usefull.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Carguy tell Charlie and Tom Johnny and Jason say hello. There Great Guys to Work with
Old 02-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fullthrottle-offshore
Thanks for the thumbs up . I remember the all red 33. Love that boat. Glad you had a good time!

Unfortunatly,it is very hard to meet the 90 db reg with anything larger than 496's or 502's.
So far CMI's don't do the trick on anything thats 500's & up. I have Gibson bullits on my
496's and they just make it. The only way to do it is to get the exhaust under water with
big H.P.
Carguy, anything thru hull won't meet the regs without mufflers.

Last edited by epeek; 02-24-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: New to Powerboating on LG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.