Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sale again with no reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OFFSH...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by tmarch65
T. March again.little history on the anaconda. I bought the boat about 8 years ago from a storage in fairhaven michigan.both motors were shot. ordered brand new engines from GM,new exhast,rebuit the trans and drives, new interior,put the org teakwood floor back in . everything in the engine compartment is newand i mean new. k planes, 4inche exhast out the transom.engine cover i bought off of shortcircut modified with harwood air scopes. this is the third season i had boat out. runs and looks great .
Let the story begain, a friend of mine Joe bought the Anaconda after after Bob Moore & Ed Sobieski stoped racing her around 1978. The Mag did not have any engines, I had a set of 355cu smallblocks that were compleate. They came from Diamond Racing Engines and had the best of everything. I sold them to Joe and the Mag rocked, unfortuately after a few years Joe lost interest in her and let it sit in that yard for many, many years. To bad those engines aren't still in her,they would be well worth $$$ today. It's now 2007 and this Mag has changed hands a few times, My friend who is on OSO here who bought my Scarab and sold it [ just too BIG ] went and looked at this Mag last month, thought she needed a lot of work, and did not buy it. I also ran into Ed Sobieski last week and shared many Magnum and Anaconda stories, and found out he looked at her about 10 years ago and said she was wet and rough. He did not buy her back then. This Mag sounds like it will need work, but if the price is right ???
Attached Thumbnails Anacona 27 Sport-scan0001-anaconda.jpg  
Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Let the story begain, a friend of mine Joe bought the Anaconda after after Bob Moore & Ed Sobieski stoped racing her around 1978. The Mag did not have any engines, I had a set of 355cu smallblocks that were compleate. They came from Diamond Racing Engines and had the best of everything. I sold them to Joe and the Mag rocked, unfortuately after a few years Joe lost interest in her and let it sit in that yard for many, many years. To bad those engines aren't still in her,they would be well worth $$$ today. It's now 2007 and this Mag has changed hands a few times, My friend who is on OSO here who bought my Scarab and sold it [ just too BIG ] went and looked at this Mag last month, thought she needed a lot of work, and did not buy it. I also ran into Ed Sobieski last week and shared many Magnum and Anaconda stories, and found out he looked at her about 10 years ago and said she was wet and rough. He did not buy her back then. This Mag sounds like it will need work, but if the price is right ???
h20, thanks for that. I was making plans to go look at it on Monday but don't know it I should make the trip. I am looking for a mag and even possibly a project mag. I did some bidding on it on ebay but if it is that rough i'm glad I stopped to rethink it. It doen't look that bad in the pics but...what would the stringers be like and the transom if it sat wet for so many years? I might still go check it out but now i'm armed with knowledge....thanks H2O!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

Does anyone know anything about the blue Magnum Sport in the classifieds? Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mh3591
Does anyone know anything about the blue Magnum Sport in the classifieds? Thanks,
Matt
I think that Mag is silver, [looks blue in some pic's] this Magnum became Chartreuse then Bonanza and now the Mag on boat trader and here on OSO.
Attached Thumbnails Anacona 27 Sport-scan0067-mag.jpg   Anacona 27 Sport-scan0073mag.jpg   Anacona 27 Sport-scan0161mag.jpg  

Old 08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

h20, thanks for that. I was making plans to go look at it on Monday but don't know it I should make the trip. I am looking for a mag and even possibly a project mag. I did some bidding on it on ebay but if it is that rough i'm glad I stopped to rethink it. It doen't look that bad in the pics but...what would the stringers be like and the transom if it sat wet for so many years? I might still go check it out but now i'm armed with knowledge....thanks H2O!!!
My friend had money in hand 3 weeks ago, looked it over and said it was repainted, with grind marks into the glass, he had to walk away. If it can be had for a reasonable $$$ it might be worth it.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

My friend had money in hand 3 weeks ago, looked it over and said it was repainted, with grind marks into the glass, he had to walk away. If it can be had for a reasonable $$$ it might be worth it.
$12000???? I talked to the guy today and he said that he had a guy come and offer 12000 but he didn't like him much. I bid up to 6200 on ebay but read what you wrote and had second thoughts. My only question is would the 383's be marine? I haven't heard of a whole lot of them but my knowledge of marine engines is limited. I know they are a stroked out 350 but I thought I would here more of them being installed in boats. Reliability reasons maybe? i just want to be carful and know what to look for. Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

I think that Mag is silver, [looks blue in some pic's] this Magnum became Chartreuse then Bonanza and now the Mag on boat trader and here on OSO.
H2O have you laid eyes on this one. What kind of shape etc. I looking to purchase but I want to be sure i get a solid boat. It looks good from the pics but a second opinion is valuable also.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

H2O have you laid eyes on this one. What kind of shape etc. I looking to purchase but I want to be sure i get a solid boat. It looks good from the pics but a second opinion is valuable also.
Last spring I talked to the Dan who sold it to the present owner, and who see's this Mag all the time at his boat club. He told me she is good and solid but she is still 30+ years old, and time to time will need some maintance but a good Mag for its age. Tony [talmaguar] here on OSO raced her as Bonanza and Chartreuse read his post about her in the Lake St Clair Magnums post. Tony said she sunk once but the repair was done right and has lasted all these years. I know she been for sale for about 2 years but I think she just needs to find the right new owner !!!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

$12000???? I talked to the guy today and he said that he had a guy come and offer 12000 but he didn't like him much. I bid up to 6200 on ebay but read what you wrote and had second thoughts. My only question is would the 383's be marine? I haven't heard of a whole lot of them but my knowledge of marine engines is limited. I know they are a stroked out 350 but I thought I would here more of them being installed in boats. Reliability reasons maybe? i just want to be carful and know what to look for. Thanks again.
Some of the parts on the engine are from my old motors. Looks like they still have the cam driven sea water pumps and the top water outlet tell's me it dose not have a thermostsat, not the best way to it. But that Kmart Gas filter scarce me what else is not right, many items in this pic would not meet Coast Guard standards. [Carbs , Distributors] ect And the paint job had runs and bad prep. The engines could be anything inside, many ways to make a 383 small block. 12000.00 I dont know if its worth that ??????? I would have to see more. Hope this helps you make a decision.
Attached Thumbnails Anacona 27 Sport-1867_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anacona 27 Sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.